Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Did shift solenoid & Transgo hd2 kit, flash or dont have to? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/did-shift-solenoid-and-transgo-hd2-kit-flash-or-dont-have-to-38952.html)

JK's 04 WJ 4.7 03-14-2012 11:07 PM

Did shift solenoid & Transgo hd2 kit, flash or dont have to?

Just had the notorious P0750 code recently and put in my new solenoid block and while I was in there did the transgo hd2 reprogramming kit now its awesome but occasionally 2nd to 3rd is lil rough at times but i just did it yesterday. had battery off the whole time took my time and fluid is just right any info is appreciated... I did put the resistor in (soldered) do not have a superchip and whats the tcm snip all about? thx:thumbsup:

Frango100 03-15-2012 06:41 AM

Re: Did shift solenoid & Transgo hd2 kit, flash or dont have to?

Just for my curiosity, did you change from a black to a white connector solenoid block? I still have mine (white connector) laying on the work bench to be installed, but other more important things had to be done first.
The shop where i bought it told me that both are interchangeable, only an adapter plate has to be installed. But was just wondering, because the hydraulic passages from both blocks are different.
Canīt help you on your questions iīm affraid.

01grand 03-15-2012 10:47 AM

The TCM snip requires you to have the jtec computers onboard. I dont remember the years for that but I'm sure Dave will remind me, he's our snipping expert:eek:

However you can tell if you have it if you have the silver finned TCM module bolted just to the right side of the coolant bottle. All you have to do is take the connector off, snip wire #10, and reconnect it. During wide open throttle downshifts the TCM uses this wire to tell the engine computer to retard timing to make the shift smoother. This results in a lag in power while shifting, and its much more fun to not have that.:D This ONLY comes into effect during WOT shifts so unless you stomp on it all the time it shouldn't have any negative effects on the tranny.

01grand 03-15-2012 10:50 AM

From an earlier thread of Dave's:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 538640)

TJXJWJ 03-15-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 594221)
The TCM snip requires you to have the jtec computers onboard. I dont remember the years for that but I'm sure Dave will remind me, he's our snipping expert:eek:

However you can tell if you have it if you have the silver finned TCM module bolted just to the right side of the coolant bottle. All you have to do is take the connector off, snip wire #10, and reconnect it. During wide open throttle downshifts the TCM uses this wire to tell the engine computer to retard timing to make the shift smoother. This results in a lag in power while shifting, and its much more fun to not have that.:D This ONLY comes into effect during WOT shifts so unless you stomp on it all the time it shouldn't have any negative effects on the tranny.

You said "retard". :screwy::tongueout:

01grand 03-15-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 594350)
You said "retard". :screwy::tongueout:

:lol::lol::lol: Except I think its you who is :screwy: ;)

TJXJWJ 03-15-2012 08:10 PM

You my friend are a pretty good judge of character...ahahhhaa

cheapjeep 03-15-2012 08:44 PM

You guys are both "mentally challenged" and I am normal and the master of my universe! JKs04 if your wj is an 04 it has to be an HO to do the snip.

TJXJWJ 03-16-2012 06:51 AM

Well, Master of the Universe...might I suggest a less "socially unacceptible" haircut then?

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...suniv_1024.jpg

01grand 03-16-2012 08:56 AM

:thatfunny: LMAO at "socially unacceptable"

cheapjeep 03-16-2012 09:55 AM

^^^^^^:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:You win this round Skeletor ! Still have a bunch of that stuff in the attic from when the boys were little!

TJXJWJ 03-16-2012 10:03 AM

That stuff might be worth some $$$!

That dude to He-Man's left is creeping me out with his Ned Flanders stashe...I'm sure he's spent some time dancing to YMCA in full costume.