Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Aftermarket Double din installation??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/aftermarket-double-din-installation-38975.html)

oshyto90 03-15-2012 11:39 AM

Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Hey guys am new to this but I have the 2011 jeep Wk2 Laredo with the stock radio, so no Navi and I want to buy a Pioneer double din with Navi but will ot fit? And where do I get the installation kit? Thanks in advance guys

Tybalt39 03-15-2012 11:56 AM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Metra Kit
Steering wheel control interface

Can you replace the factory stereo without using a CANbus interface/adapter?

oshyto90 03-15-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 594274)
Metra Kit
Steering wheel control interface

Can you replace the factory stereo without using a CANbus interface/adapter?

Sorry what's a Canbus interface/ adapter?

ColdCase 03-15-2012 12:21 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Not plug and play. You will have to ream out some of the dash plastic to make it fit and you will need an active adapter for the wire harness. If you want to use stearing wheel controls, mics, cameras there may be other addapters. You can contact Crutfield and asked them what it would take to install your head unit, but that's basically what the told me. They do sell the install stuff. There are also a couple threads around her from folks that replaced the radio.

RageOfFury 03-15-2012 06:00 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
1 Attachment(s)
I highly recommend Crutchfield.com

I've done it and it's not super easy, but not super hard either.

Parts:
  • Jeep radio interface (PAC Audio C2R-CHY4)
  • 2011+ Jeep GC Double Din installation kit.
  • Steering wheel controls interface (PAC Audio SWI-xxx)
  • Antenna adapter
Part of the inner dash will need to be trimmed. You will also need to solder wires.

I included a picture of the wiring harness you have to solder together.

oshyto90 03-17-2012 04:24 AM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 594532)
I highly recommend Crutchfield.com

I've done it and it's not super easy, but not super hard either.

Parts:
  • Jeep radio interface (PAC Audio C2R-CHY4)
  • 2011+ Jeep GC Double Din installation kit.
  • Steering wheel controls interface (PAC Audio SWI-xxx)
  • Antenna adapter
Part of the inner dash will need to be trimmed. You will also need to solder wires.

I included a picture of the wiring harness you have to solder together.

:)
well thanks everyone for the help u really just put it up front for me... and this is way past my aim.... Do u thinks.its just better get the navigation stereo that comes with the limited? Or try to pull this double din project? Is it the same for a single din bro?

RageOfFury 03-17-2012 06:48 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Getting an aftermarket nav unit and having it installed will probably cost the same as buying a 430N and installing it yourself. I opted for the aftermarket headunit because I wanted a bigger screen and more flexibility. I do have a degree in electronics so this was a piece of cake for me. If you go the aftermarket route, have a professional installer do it if you aren't comfortable doing so.

Dabitz 03-17-2012 07:48 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
I recommend crutchfield. They will tell you everything you need plus you can buy an installation card with a local shop for $200.

ekaz 03-26-2012 02:41 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
PAC Audio has a new interface (RP4-CH11) that, from what I've read, combines the CHY4 and SWI into one module. Plus it retains all the factory stuff.

navger 03-28-2012 11:40 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
2 Attachment(s)
I did something similar to what you want to do. I have a Laredo with a Pioneer X930BT double din navigation. I bought the installation kit from metraonline.com, the ipod/iphone adapter from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details and the unit itself from walmart.com.

Installation was done at my local shop and only took about an hour without any issues.

RageOfFury 03-29-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by navger (Post 602909)
I did something similar to what you want to do. I have a Laredo with a Pioneer X930BT double din navigation. I bought the installation kit from metraonline.com, the ipod/iphone adapter from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details and the unit itself from walmart.com.

Installation was done at my local shop and only took about an hour without any issues.

Very nice!:thumbsup:

FirstWK 04-26-2012 11:50 AM

Re: Aftermarket Double din installation???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaz (Post 600923)
PAC Audio has a new interface (RP4-CH11) that, from what I've read, combines the CHY4 and SWI into one module. Plus it retains all the factory stuff.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just finished setting mine up with the CH11 kit. It was hard to find and Crutchfield had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them if they had it. It greatly reduced the amount of crap I had to shove back behind the radio (and as stated above, there's not much room, and you do have to "trim" the dash surround a bit).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community