Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   First Service - List of issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/first-service-list-of-issues-39022.html)

ENFORCER 03-15-2012 07:07 PM

First Service - List of issues

Ok,
We are getting our Jeep serviced for the first time next week.
I hope they do a decent job, as I am very fussy. The list of things to fix has grown in the past weeks.
So far I have:
6 month 10,000km Service (No oil change)

TSB for 1/2 shaft in steering. (I feel a clunk in the steering when stopping)

Car starts and stalls. This has happened about 6 times now. You start the motor and it stalls a second later. You can get this happening 6 times in a row. Fix is to exit and lock the car and try again. Seems to work after a full lock and unlock. Could be the WIM or FOBIK.

Alarm: last saturday and last night the alarm went off for no reason.

DRL's do not work as they should. No idea, as they stopped working after the LED's were installed and have not worked since. Even after putting the OEM globes back in. Checked all fuses and globes.

I will report back once the work is done.

frog_a_lot 03-15-2012 07:43 PM

Re: First Service - List of issues

Alarm.. is this an aftermarket alarm? Or do the GCs come with an alarm that im not aware of?

Why no oil change, i thought they where ment to do it every 10,000ks.

DRLs may be a hidden fuse or somthing? or ECU sensor? meh they can fix it

ENFORCER 03-15-2012 08:40 PM

All the Overlands have a factory alarm that sounds the horn. Mine has now gone off twice without any reason.
I only changed the oil less than 1,000km ago. I will do it again when it hits 15,000km.
I have checked everything to do with the DRL's. I think it is a switch in the ECU that needs to be re-enabled, as they work when the lights are on, but duller.

John47 03-15-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frog_a_lot (Post 594588)
Alarm.. is this an aftermarket alarm? Or do the GCs come with an alarm that im not aware of?

it

Our Laredo has an alarm from the factory that I believe is standard.....has gone off a few times by us playing with doors and getting familiar with locking and unlocking.
it is described in the owners manual.

frog_a_lot 03-15-2012 10:34 PM

Ha, well i guess i do have an alarm. Its never gone off i guess that is why i haven't noticed it. Wow i really should read the manual.. hmm naaa..

Gabs 03-16-2012 05:02 AM

Hi Enforcer I hope your experience is better than mine went in with 3 issues I wanted sorted drove out around the corner and still had the same issues. It was after 5 and peak traffic couldn't be bothered turning back so it will be another visit.

padgett 03-16-2012 08:41 AM

From OM the 5th: "NOTE: Entering a vehicle using the emergency key with
the theft alarm armed, will result in the alarm sounding.
Insert the Key Fob (even if the Key Fob battery is dead)
into the ignition switch to disarm theft alarm.
"

My usual test is to open the door, lock the door with the window down, close the door, move the fobic far engough away (or wrap with tinfoil) so is not detected, the reach in the window and open the door.

My Laredo does not seem to have this module so connot verify. Anyone know how difficult it is to add ? (Suspect just a module).

Deserthucker 03-16-2012 09:18 AM

Don't forget to leave it locked long enough for the alarm to activate.
Laredo and limited have Sentry Key theft deterrent system. and Overland has Deluxe security alarm.
I read somewhere there is not much difference, Overland has motion sensor and tilt sensor.
If they are going to get in the car they most likely will open the doors after breaking the laminated front window which then will set the alarm of.

John47 03-16-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John47 (Post 594667)
Our Laredo has an alarm from the factory that I believe is standard.....has gone off a few times by us playing with doors and getting familiar with locking and unlocking.
it is described in the owners manual.

Actually found out yesterday why the alarm was going off......the drivers side rear door isn't locking!
All buttons on all doors go up and down with the fob and passive lock on the drivers door.
All looks good and the alarm will arm after a time delay - walk up to vehicle without fob - try DS R door - opens - voila - alarm goes off.
No other doors will do this.
Very tricky because if you visually check you can see the buttons are all down - easy to walk away thinking it is locked and armed.
Off to dealer this morning to sort.

ENFORCER 03-19-2012 05:26 AM

Going in tomorrow for the service. I hope they have a clue.

ENFORCER 03-20-2012 02:08 AM

Well got the car done. They were fine with me doing the oil changes, they still carried out the rest of the service and stamped the book.
They updated the ECU to fix the alarm and starting problems, hopefully this will fix it.
Got my DRL's working again.
Could not fault the steering, as my car already had the 1/2 shaft. I can feel a slight clunk through the steering wheel when stopping

Couple of problems.
They carried out a wheel balance and wheel alignment, without request.
They broke my ACC/FCW. It was working fine when I dropped the car off and it has never been a problem. When I picked it up they said it would take several weeks to get the part in. So now we have FCW OFF on the dash for the next x weeks.

Total service cost was $282 inc GST (alignment and balance $92)

Deserthucker 03-20-2012 05:16 AM

Was that your 12000km service.

Mine did not get a wheel alignment at 12000km.