Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Ride height. Trouble seeing gauges. Help. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/ride-height-trouble-seeing-gauges-help-39031.html)

Seandmac 03-15-2012 10:08 PM

Ride height. Trouble seeing gauges. Help.

Can someone help me out. I'm having trouble determing where the seat height should be at. I know it sounds asinine but I notice the steering wheel blocks the gauges, speedometer, rpms etc. the only way to see the gauges fully is to sit very low in the seat which feels unnatural or raise the steering wheel very high whichs feels like I'm driving a bus. Anyone else have this problem?

J13ntv 03-15-2012 10:12 PM

Re: Ride height. Trouble seeing gauges. Help.

I think your going to have to work this out on your own. Its hard, how does one describe what level to sit at? For me, I'm tall and have the seat down and the steering wheel probably somewhere in the middle. I can see everything fine, it blocks the green lights at night which is fine by me (fog light and headlamp light)

akimball 03-15-2012 10:44 PM

seat in mine feels fine, i just feel like the rear view mirror is too low on the windshield and kinda makes a blind spot....

wynnrs 03-15-2012 10:56 PM

Not problem. Make yourself comfortable and use the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) for whatever information you need.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-16-2012 12:58 AM

:giveup:

aimpulsive 03-16-2012 05:27 AM

I am not tall and have the same problem. They did not design the cluster to move with the wheel as some cars do (up and down). I have to keep my seat all the way down and wheel fairly far up to see gauges, so, I just choose to not see them all instead.

Poor dash design!

But I still love my 2012 Overland!

Eric67 03-16-2012 05:59 AM

I'm 6.4, seat height is determent on how my ellbow rest on the armrest, steering wheel is then adjusted so I have clear vision on the gauges. Works for me.

MikeD 03-16-2012 08:50 AM

I'm 6'6 and had it adjusted to where it blocked the green lights-good and also the speedo-bad, I just had the digital speedo on the Evic and problem solved.

HEMI Army 03-16-2012 09:55 AM

I would look into removing the steering wheel and gettin a joystick installed. ;)

ooja3k 03-16-2012 10:45 AM

I have the same problem in that I can't see the speedometer at all lol.

I have the EVIC showing speed so im all good ;)

peckmv 03-17-2012 11:32 AM

I'm 6'2" and I have the steering wheel all the way out and the seat adjusted so my right knee rest in the curved spot of the console. The guage cluster is poorly designed on this vehicle but I make it work for me. I covered the annoying bright green headlight indicator light with a piece of black electrical tape so I can move the steering wheel so the guages are in the center of the steering wheel opening. :cool:

comnjeep 03-20-2012 09:37 PM

We have gauges?