Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Torn (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/torn-39057.html)

ECSZ06 03-16-2012 12:14 PM

Torn

Well after all my research thanks mostly to the jeep garage I have decided to order a new Jeep Grand Cherokee over other suvs. I have been going back and forth on which one to get either a Grand Cherokee Overland or the SRT8. I have test drove the Overland with the 5.7 and liked it. Thatís when I saw a new SRT 8 and really loved the look of it. I have not test driven a SRT8 yet. I will be ordering in late summer for the 2013 model year. Having just sold my 2006 Corvette Z06 I miss having a fast vehicle a little. But not sure if I want to spend the extra coin. :confused:
Just wanted to see what the SRT8 guys or gals think. Did anyone of you have an Overland with a hemi before you got the SRT8.

EviL 03-16-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Torn

SRT 8 all the way bro
Worth every penny

Scottina06 03-16-2012 02:57 PM

if you like fast...get the SRT8. The Overland will disapoint you if your coming from a Z06

ECSZ06 03-16-2012 03:03 PM

Thanks for the reponses. How many miles do you guys get out the brake pads and rotors as this would be a daily driver. It would not see any track time, maybe just a few 1/4 miles track times. For you guys who have had them in the snow how have they been.

kbench55 03-16-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECSZ06 (Post 595139)
Thanks for the reponses. How many miles do you guys get out the brake pads and rotors as this would be a daily driver. It would not see any track time, maybe just a few 1/4 miles track times. For you guys who have had them in the snow how have they been.

I can vouch for the snow and it has been excellent. It never gives the feeling that you are out of control on ice or deep snow. Putting it in the snow mode does wonders for starting at icy intersections and all around handling in the snow.

12Jeep 03-16-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbench55 (Post 595154)
I can vouch for the snow and it has been excellent. It never gives the feeling that you are out of control on ice or deep snow. Putting it in the snow mode does wonders for starting at icy intersections and all around handling in the snow.

This has also been my experience.

Mongoose9400 03-16-2012 07:24 PM

The WK2 SRT8 is a great all around vehicle and daily driver. I wouldn't look at anything other than an SRT8!

BostonDMD 03-16-2012 07:38 PM

This is my first Jeep, coming from Audis, BMW and Porsches.......

The SRT8 is awesome!

Taking mine to the track in a couple of weeks, stay tuned for the videos.......

Urbantank 03-16-2012 11:24 PM

I traded a BMW 550i 2011 for mine, the jeep is faster and feels sportier despite the extra 1000 lbs, its my first SUV and American vehicle.

SLtAR 03-17-2012 01:19 AM

if you like sport cars get the SRT8 as it is closer to your old ZO6 but if you are into off-road i tried the overland its solid and very powerful car for off-road and city

never tried the SRT8 but no one complaining about it :P

QuickOne 03-17-2012 07:25 AM

Sign up for the SRT Experience, where you'll get to flog the SRT8 on a track and it's not yours.
Bring you're dealer so you can sign the papers right after! LOL...
Everyone who hasn't driven an SRT8 Jeep is blown away at the performance and handling.

bwaide 03-17-2012 10:22 PM

I feel your pain. I had an '06 SRT8 and loved it but it was priced on par with the overland. I have a 2011 Overland 4x4 with the 5.7 now and I want to trade up to another SRT8 but I hate the way Jeep handled it with the pricing. I can't seem to justify it as much as I try (and trust me, I'm good at justifying things for myself...waiting on my Ducati 1199 Panigale to get in) because what's an option on the SRT8 is standard on just about everything other than the larado.

Leather-wrapped upper door trim, leather-wrapped upper instrument panel/center arm rest, power liftgate, and dual pane panoramic sunroof...all standard on the Overland. But they had to go and couple that (other than the sunroof, which adds another $1,200 even though it's standard on the Overland) with the adaptive cruise. That jacks up the price another $4,495 which on the Overland summit gives you adaptive cruise and a few other things for $3,600. It's all funny math that doesn't really make any sense to me.