Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Removed Laredo Hatch Decal (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/removed-laredo-hatch-decal-39124.html)

tallguy 03-17-2012 09:59 PM

Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
Looks cleaner to me, now only advertises 4x4

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-n...7_DSC_9040.jpg


Also installed the rear fog conversion lights in the lower bumper and like them a lot.

http://taillight.xglobal.net/WK2_menu_page.html


Red G8R 03-18-2012 10:19 AM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
That's cool. Any chance showing how you did the lights?

tallguy 03-18-2012 10:41 AM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 595912)
That's cool. Any chance showing how you did the lights?

Here you go:

http://taillight.xglobal.net/PDF%20D...structions.pdf

fljeepleo 03-18-2012 02:59 PM

Very cool!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red G8R 03-18-2012 07:18 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tallguy (Post 595917)

Thank you.

tallguy 03-19-2012 01:28 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-b...I/s800/4x4.jpg

*BabyGirlJJ* 03-19-2012 01:57 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
Looks good without the badge!!! Nice work!

BobsWK2 03-19-2012 07:16 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
I was talking with a Chrysler tech last week and I pointed out that a WK2 in for service didn't have the model nameplate on the rear. He said customers with the Laredo model often have the dealer remove the nameplate so others will think maybe its a Limited or Overland.

Sparro 03-19-2012 07:20 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 596654)
I was talking with a Chrysler tech last week and I pointed out that a WK2 in for service didn't have the model nameplate on the rear. He said customers with the Laredo model often have the dealer remove the nameplate so others will think maybe its a Limited or Overland.

Yup.

RageOfFury 03-19-2012 08:04 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
I'm proud to have Laredo on my GC. The Laredo name has a rich heritage behind it.

tallguy 03-19-2012 10:19 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 596707)
I'm proud to have Laredo on my GC. The Laredo name has a rich heritage behind it.

Actually you guys are right, I don't know of the Laredo heritage and I've never heard of Limited or Overland either.
I was thinking this is a way to sell the packaged options.
I'm approaching this from a visual perspective, never liked vehicles with
lots of stuff on the hatch, in Germany most manufacturers allow you to order the vehicle decal free, I've always opted for that.

rubicontrail.net 03-19-2012 10:57 PM

Re: Removed Laredo Hatch Decal
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tallguy (Post 596815)
Actually you guys are right, I don't know of the Laredo heritage and I've never heard of Limited or Overland either.
I was thinking this is a way to sell the packaged options.
I'm approaching this from a visual perspective, never liked vehicles with
lots of stuff on the hatch, in Germany most manufacturers allow you to order the vehicle decal free, I've always opted for that.

Limited is just a generic name, but Overland is much much more: http://www.vintagejeeps.net/history


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community