Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Constant Sirius updating (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/constant-sirius-updating-39193.html)

cherokeesrt10 03-19-2012 02:04 PM

Constant Sirius updating

Anyone experience subscriber and channel updates? It happens almost every time I start the vehicle for the past week. Contacted Sirius twice and one rep says not normal and the other claims normal. Anyone experience this I have a 2012 Laredo X with 430N.

Lingohocken 03-19-2012 05:04 PM

Re: Constant Sirius updating

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesrt10 (Post 596492)
Anyone experience subscriber and channel updates? It happens almost every time I start the vehicle for the past week. Contacted Sirius twice and one rep says not normal and the other claims normal. Anyone experience this I have a 2012 Laredo X with 430N.

This Saturday I had a subscriber update appear on screen, then most of the available channels vanished. I've ignored it because the radio is to be replaced this week for other reasons, but to answer your question you are not alone.

77Cherokee 03-19-2012 05:36 PM

I've had a few Sirius updates, but not every week. :brows:

Findirman 03-19-2012 07:13 PM

I've had two updates in the past week. Everything still working okay.

nonopr01 03-19-2012 07:16 PM

Me too 2 updates in a week. Does anyone know what are they updating?

cherokeesrt10 03-19-2012 07:25 PM

I have two updates per day. Everytime I get in the car.

Brewster 03-19-2012 08:10 PM

Had mine again this morning.

Lingohocken 03-19-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonopr01 (Post 596653)
Me too 2 updates in a week. Does anyone know what are they updating?

Can't be sure, but around now Sirius is to be upgrading its satellite signal so it offers more channels. However, this enhancement will work only on new receivers especially designed for it. The rest will have to make do with the same channel total as before even though the monthly fee goes up.

So perhaps they are pinging receivers to see which are configured to accept the new channel format.

Of course, it would be nice if a future RHR firmware update were to allow for reception of the full Monty of Sirius channels!

As to the fee increase, there is much going on to virtually ensure that affordable streaming audio will be routinely built into vehicles by mid-to-late decade. So arguably Sirius-XM is figuring to milk the golden cow while the milking is good, then let their aging satellites fall from orbit into the dustbin of history.

AAAA 03-20-2012 06:07 AM

I have had a few updates over the past several weeks. It only lasts about 10 seconds.

Andrew Klossner 03-21-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 596794)
So perhaps they are pinging receivers to see which are configured to accept the new channel format.

As you say, they are receivers. To ping them would require that they include transmitters.

2005JGC 03-22-2012 01:53 AM

Check to make sure your radio software its up to date... Iirc the last update I performed I read about this bring something that was resolved in the update, it sounds very familiar.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Lingohocken 03-22-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Klossner (Post 598204)
As you say, they are receivers. To ping them would require that they include transmitters.

Bingo.