Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

any MUST do mods???

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  nyc_medic 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am new here and am wondering if anyone has some MUST do mods for Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires?

Rear sway bar? Shocks? Lift? Brembo Brakes? Bigger wheels?

What is your favorite mod in this category????

Thanks for your input!

#2 ·
If you have 2wd, lower it. If you have 4wd, lift it. :D

I think the must do mods are any maintenance items that your 6 year old Jeep needs. Also, you can't go wrong with better tires for your particular situation. Good luck and have fun.

#4 ·
wheels defintely!

#5 ·
Thanks, I like the wheel idea. I have a totally noob questions about the 20" Gloss Black SRT Reps. Does "Reps" stand for "reproductions"? I saw some on ebay for about $649/set. Are those it? Are these the same ones as in your picture DAVY27? Those are legit for sure. My ride is black, so I definitely want some black wheels.

#7 ·
Thanks, I like the wheel idea. I have a totally noob questions about the 20" Gloss Black SRT Reps. Does "Reps" stand for "reproductions"? I saw some on ebay for about $649/set. Are those it? Are these the same ones as in your picture DAVY27? Those are legit for sure. My ride is black, so I definitely want some black wheels.
yes they are reproductions and that $650 set on ebay is a great deal! robertpalmer bought his black reps from him and said he was recommended.

#6 ·
yep, stands for replicas. that's what i have on mine! one of our vendors, factoryreproductions, offers it so def. hit them up.

black wheels ftw!

#11 ·
SRT Sways, new bushings and end links, are the best bang for the buck for imporoving handling. You can still go offroad, and it will handle much better.

#13 ·
whoa! a fellow pittsburgher! where exactly are you from???

#15 ·
My suggestion is to first figure out what you want to be able to do with your truck. Then sit down and write it out...then come back here and search your arse off. Plenty of reading to be done. If you cant find something use the search button and if that doesn't help just ask. Just my 0.02cents worth. That's how I'm going about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.