Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Air Resonator Delete mod for 3.7!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/air-resonator-delete-mod-for-3-7-a-3956.html)

B.P.O.D 11-10-2009 11:16 AM

Air Resonator Delete mod for 3.7!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
ok guys here is the deal. This can be done if you already have the k+n intake or if you have the stock air tube and want to get rid of your air res box...

go to your local stealership and ask then for part number : 53013907AB (tube from 09 liberty cost $35)

The wire for the IAT sensor is not long enough. You also want to use the sensor from your jeep not the one that comes with the new tube.

you can use 18 gauge wires and solder them to make an extension for the plug.(pics to come when i actually do this)

marlon was the first person on this site to do it that i am aware of. People with nitro's and liberty's also do this to get rid of the air res. i did not come up with this idea.

edit: i am also thinking of getting a piece of tubing to replace the accordion style pipe in-between the k+n pipe and the liberty tube

I am adding my k+n short ram intake today and will hopefully have this installed as well...

White WK Swagga 11-10-2009 11:24 AM

Re: Air Resonator Delete mod for 3.7!!!!

Ok you can do mine for me when I get it Irf... LOL

B.P.O.D 11-10-2009 11:24 AM

surely sir!!!

DJ BoNiOmArIo 11-10-2009 11:41 AM

sounds like a good deal looks funny though ...

whats the benefit though of doing that?

White WK Swagga 11-10-2009 11:44 AM

so that K&N kit only connects to the reso?

B.P.O.D 11-10-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boniomario (Post 96664)
sounds like a good deal looks funny though ...

whats the benefit though of doing that?

well mostly all cai,short rams connect their air pipe directly to the throttle body. for whatever odd reason k+n decided for 3.7 models they will not do this!

This should give you slightly better throttle response, mostly it allows better air flow into the throttle body. The air doesn't circulate in the air res before going to the throttle body!

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 96666)
so that K&N kit only connects to the reso?

yes!!!

TimmyB 11-22-2009 04:41 PM

Do you have dyno sheets to back this up? Lol, jk. Looks good. But if someone already has the K&N CAI and gets the Liberty tube you say, the K&N tube wont fit to the new Liberty tube and another section of tube will need to be bought and added? I sold my stock intake so I dont have the accordian type tube anymore.

Scottina06 11-22-2009 08:31 PM

you can also buy a silicone elbow and one small piece of straight piping for this. The Liberty pipe and accordian tube seems a little gaudy IMHO.

B.P.O.D 11-23-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 103813)
Do you have dyno sheets to back this up? Lol, jk. Looks good. But if someone already has the K&N CAI and gets the Liberty tube you say, the K&N tube wont fit to the new Liberty tube and another section of tube will need to be bought and added? I sold my stock intake so I dont have the accordian type tube anymore.

the liberty tube comes with the accordian pipe so you can just use that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 103915)
you can also buy a silicone elbow and one small piece of straight piping for this. The Liberty pipe and accordian tube seems a little gaudy IMHO.

yes but then you have to drill a hole for the sensor as well

Scottina06 11-23-2009 03:43 PM

same as you do with the liberty pipe and acccordian...right? The accordian could be considered a restriction and then the liberty pipe looks smaller than the K&N piping...that could be a problem too????

B.P.O.D 11-23-2009 03:54 PM

the liberty pipe comes with a hole for the sensor. the pipe is also the same size as the k+N, i want to remove the accordian pipe. ill prob fix something up for that

iJeep 11-23-2009 03:59 PM

Im still waiting for a 3.7 Bwoody. :mad: WTF!!