Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   20" wheels from eBay (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/20-wheels-from-ebay-39622.html)

navger 03-22-2012 11:18 PM

20" wheels from eBay

3 Attachment(s)
After much hesitation I decided to purchase a set of 20" Overland wheels on eBay. The whole transaction went through smoothly until I received the package in the mail today via FedEx. 3 of the 4 wheels were in great shape until I opened the last box and found a decent size scratch right on the front. The posting on ebay stated that the set of wheels were in perfect condition and without a single scratch. I'm currently in contact with the seller and they have been replying to my emails quite fast. Hopefully they're able to replace it :(. Here's some pictures.

Chaoul1 03-23-2012 12:34 AM

Re: 20" wheels from eBay

Is it scratched or is it adhesive or glue?

navger 03-23-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 599088)
Is it scratched or is it adhesive or glue?

It's actually scratched. I'm not sure if it happened during shipment but it seemed well protected with a cloth and extra cardboard. In the event that they're not able to replace it, is it something that can be somehow fixed? :confused:

Chaoul1 03-23-2012 12:41 AM

You can easily get that fixed by a shop. I'm not sure what they exactly do to prep it up, but I'm pretty sure they can fix it. I've seen a lot worse and this it the least. So your fine :thumbsup:

navger 03-23-2012 12:52 AM

You make me feel a little more at ease. The rest of the wheels are perfect, this just happened to be the last box I opened. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to fix? Maybe I can have the seller cover the cost.

Brewster 03-23-2012 06:49 PM

I have been looking on Ebay as well since you can't find the 20's and the dealer wants $1800 just for the wheels.

I noticed some of the sellers will only give you generic pics, not ones of the actual wheels you'll get, so I've been nervous.

I hope this gets worked out easily for you.

bry@n 03-24-2012 09:34 PM

Was this the guy from IL?

He has a set now that I talked to him about and I was concerned about getting wheels shipped.

I bought a set from a member of the forum. I met with him and saw the damage done when they were shipped to him. Took a lot of work to get them presentable.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-24-2012 09:47 PM

Did he have pics of them on the listing? If not he knew it was damaged! That doesnt look like shipping damage

navger 03-24-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bry@n (Post 600047)
Was this the guy from IL?

He has a set now that I talked to him about and I was concerned about getting wheels shipped.

I bought a set from a member of the forum. I met with him and saw the damage done when they were shipped to him. Took a lot of work to get them presentable.

Yup! that's the one. I'm still trying to have this issue sorted out. Either have him send me a different one or pay for the repair.

navger 03-24-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 600053)
Did he have pics of them on the listing? If not he knew it was damaged! That doesnt look like shipping damage

It had photos but I think that they were not the actual wheels. There was no damage shown in the pics.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-24-2012 10:42 PM

deal with the seller first if you still want the wheels. ebay will make you return them for a refund

bry@n 03-24-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navger (Post 600084)
Yup! that's the one. I'm still trying to have this issue sorted out. Either have him send me a different one or pay for the repair.

I spoke with him on the phone about the other set he is selling on ebay. He said his brother in law has a tire/rim place and gets factory take offs. Since these sell well, he bought them to resell. That is what I was told.

Needless to say, he said he has only had an issue with wheels shipped to the west coast. I was a little skeptical of him and didn't make an offer. He wanted me to agree to cancel the transaction after the fact so he could save $$ from ebay. That's shady and why I didn't proceed.

I would be careful and be sure to go through paypal with him. He offered me that set for $750+shipping and they were sold before I could respond.

Good luck.