Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   12,000km unlock ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/12-000km-unlock-39625.html)

ENFORCER 03-23-2012 04:21 AM

12,000km unlock ?

I have noticed that ever since the 12k service, the car is more snappier. I notice the lack of initial lag that we had before the service. I dropped the car off and picked it up and noticed it leaving the driveway, it was that evident.
It is like 1/2 sec faster on the throttle.
Anyway because I do not drive it much during the week I thought I would ask the wife if she noticed any difference. She said it was faster, which turned out to being more responsive, and this is coming from a chick who drives on autopilot, so it must be apparent.
The service docket does not list what TSB's were applied.:mad:
Has anyone else noticed this difference ?

Swampy 03-25-2012 07:16 AM

Re: 12,000km unlock ?

Looked through the TSBs on WK2Jeeps and couldn't see anything that would relate to that.

Do you think that it was the engine or transmission shift changes, or maybe both?

I've often thought that the transmission would be better if it shifted a little sooner during normal driving, to make a little more use of all that torque, even allowing enough for the turbo to spool up and power on.

Ours is an MY12 and I can't say that I have noticed any lag at all.

Also, why a 12k service and not 10k? Is that because you gave the Jeep an intermediate change?

ENFORCER 03-26-2012 12:25 AM

They scheduled services for the CRD is 6months/ 12k km, I changed my oil at 6700km and it was services 3 weeks later.
I feel it is the ECU as it just feels more responsive. I drove it again yesterday and it is snappier, but not more power only responsiveness. I guess it is possible one of the several software updates they did, changed the gearbox or motor to deliver this result.

Swampy 03-26-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 600615)
They scheduled services for the CRD is 6months/ 12k km

You must have a different service book to me. The petrol is 12k and the diesel is 10k, 2 different service schedules / charts in my book.

I wonder which one is correct?

ENFORCER 03-26-2012 02:19 AM

No, you are correct. When Jeep called they said 12k km service, but my service book says 10k.

Swampy 03-26-2012 06:17 PM

Maybe they added 10,000k to the previous1,500 service? Checked our next service due sticker on the windscreen and thats what they did to ours, so the sticker on the windscreen says next due at 12,000k, although we will send it in at 10,000. Maybe they changed the oil at 1,500k, although I greatly doubt that.

Did they change the oil again for you at the 12k service or had you done that again previously? If so what oil did they put in it?

ENFORCER 03-26-2012 11:48 PM

The service sticker now says 17,000km for the next service, although it will be a 6month service, as our mileage is too low.
I did not get or was told about the 1,500km service, so this one was the first.
As for Oil, they did not change it again.

AussieWK2 04-10-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 599126)
I have noticed that ever since the 12k service, the car is more snappier. I notice the lack of initial lag that we had before the service. I dropped the car off and picked it up and noticed it leaving the driveway, it was that evident.
It is like 1/2 sec faster on the throttle.
Anyway because I do not drive it much during the week I thought I would ask the wife if she noticed any difference. She said it was faster, which turned out to being more responsive, and this is coming from a chick who drives on autopilot, so it must be apparent.
The service docket does not list what TSB's were applied.:mad:
Has anyone else noticed this difference ?

Now that's interesting! I've just racked up 8.5k and will book a service soon. This is my first diesel and have thought it was getting a little sluggish over the past 4k or so particularly going up hills. A friend suggested this is why some people say a 7-8 speed would suit this car.

I've found the car gets lazy dropping down from 5th to 4th or 3rd and have to drop them manually.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted after the 10k service.

BTW, did you have that thud in your steering and did you get it sorted whilst in getting a service?