Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Cold Air Intake advice (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/cold-air-intake-advice-39769.html)

c0dfish 03-26-2012 05:57 AM

Cold Air Intake advice

I'm looking to buy a CAI for my 2009 Hemi, but the only two i've seen that say it's specifically for that model is K&N and Airaid. Are both of these pretty comparable in terms of functionality? The K&N is about $30 cheaper, however I think the Airaid looks slightly better.

Also, I like the Volant and AFE because of the air box it comes with which makes it them aesthetically pleasing, but I believe the Volant is only for the SRT8 and the AFE for the 4.7. Is there no way to fit them to a 5.7?

Any other suggestions or thoughts about other brands? I'm having trouble finding specific info so I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death.

Redpit 03-26-2012 11:05 AM

Re: Cold Air Intake advice

I can only speak for the AFE. I have one on my 2008 5.7. I like it. The only thing about the afe on our late model years is that it's a really tight squeeze. Just take your time though and your golden.

Edit: I actually might have mine for sale in a few days. It's less than 6 months old. Probably want around $200 shipped. I'm trying to work out a deal for a new ride as we speak. If it goes through I will definately have this for sale.

DanC 03-26-2012 03:38 PM

I would be interested if you decide to sell

c0dfish 03-26-2012 04:32 PM

Might be interested, I would have to do some research to see if it'll fit in a 2009 5.7, don't really see why it wouldn't. But I might want to buy new because it'll have a warranty. Where are you located?

Any other thoughts from anyone? What about the Mopar CAI?

phox 03-26-2012 08:22 PM

doesn't bwoody make an incredible one for the hemi? I'd definitely be hitting them up, especially because of their customization options

stevemartin 03-27-2012 09:07 AM

This one seems to be cool dude about the intake of air

c0dfish 03-27-2012 01:01 PM

I saw the Bwoody will probably look into that one as well. The price is right on that one.

DaGreenMile 03-28-2012 03:30 AM

I just bought the K&N 57 Series for my 5.7 it should be here later on today

jeepster23 03-28-2012 08:27 AM

The BWOODY is the way to go.

Unholyskorn86 03-31-2012 12:41 AM

Do all CAI compromise offroading due to water getting it it or is there a good CAI or something that is half looks/half function as far as blocking water from getting in?

omelet 03-31-2012 01:15 AM

I have the Volant on my 5.7L. It is an incredible intake! I don't see why it wouldn't fit the later models. I love that it comes with a box that completely seals it from the engine compartment and only draws in air from the outside. That was a big plus for me. I have been wheeling with mine for the past 3 years with zero issues. When I removed my inner fenders I got a K&N drycharger for it to help block the water and dust.

dmsfun 03-31-2012 08:20 AM

BWoody can suck water in, and gets dirty very quickly exposed to the elements, which is going to be worse than a stock intake. I went with AFE II, but recently removed it; my wife drives the WK now, and likes it quiet, so it is for sale, 1/2 price.