Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Bright lights on with the fog lights

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  blackpepper 
#1 ·
I really really really want HIDs in my fog lights but since I live out were the only source of light that is around is coming from my own headlights which means that I have my high beams on. Like all other cars when my highs are on my fog lights turn off. I look in police books for kits but they don't have it for my car with the lighting system that I have. Has anybody found a way to override this?

#7 ·
I think I found it...

starSCAN sequence.

"Fogs with high beams is easy. From main menu select vehicle preparation, then select enable fog lamp output, click start, Make sure you leave the first selection in the enabled position, then when it asks you the second question change it to export. Fog lights will now stay on with high beams."

#8 ·
Don't let anyone know I was over at the red site.....

I found Blown7's thread. Here is the starSCAN sequence. Probably more accurate then my previous post.

starscan main menu > ECU view > FCM/CGW > misc. functions > enable front fog lamp output > start > next > disable > next > cancel > start > next > enable > next > export > next > finish.

#10 ·
It's all about $$$. Every man has his price just have to get to the tech not service writer. Leave a bottle of Kettle One on the floor with instructions I bet he'll do it.. LOL

#11 ·
find the wires clip them and run your own using the stock switch. did it on my moms envoy. not all cars are the same and ive never been in an MKZ so not 100% sure if its possible but thats how ide try to do it first.

#21 ·
The two of you should sign a piece of paper releasing liability and have a copy made for each party... maybe a bottle of Glenfiddich would help persuade your dealership :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.