Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Black Overland With Mods (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/black-overland-with-mods-39929.html)

dslide 03-28-2012 12:45 PM

Black Overland With Mods

5 Attachment(s)
Long time lurker on here, and I've learned valuable information/ seen pictures that have helped me make decisions about what I've wanted to do with my JGC. Thanks to all for the info. In the spirit of paying it forward, I'm attaching some pictures of my 2011 V6 Overland. Mods include:

Tuff Country Leveling Kit
275/55/20 Michelin LTX MS2
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
Painted mirrors/ rear chrome strip
Sharkfin antenna
Window Tint
De-badged hood
K/N CAI

I absolutely love my Jeep. If I could do it all over again I'd probably get the Hemi- but overall I still LOVE my ride. Peace.

1010THs 03-28-2012 02:12 PM

Re: Black Overland With Mods

I like your mods, subtle and clean. Congrats

jgc4ever 03-28-2012 02:19 PM

Is the button to open the liftgate glass black or brilliant black, and what about the outline around the JEEP badge - brilliant black or black?

I have a brilliant black Overland too and I want to paint the mirros and rear chrome strip too. I just can't decide if I should leave the JEEP chrome on the back or paint the whole strip brilliant black. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks really good.

Megatron 03-28-2012 02:58 PM

Very Classy

Brewster 03-28-2012 04:59 PM

Nice job, your JGC is looking great. Can you share some info on the Tuff Country Leveling Kit?

ajs800 03-29-2012 10:39 AM

Very nice! DId you swap the tires at the dealer or did you have some miles with the stock GY's before swapping? If so, did you notice improvement with road noise and overall performance with the new rubber? Also, did you have the original rear fairing cut out for the dual exhaust or did you replace with HEMI bumper?

Love the look...nice and clean.

JTS97Z28 03-29-2012 11:25 AM

That looks pretty damn nice!! I like the looks of that dual exhaust. So the aftermarket magnaflow turns the V6 single exhaust tip exit into dual exhaust tips? How does it sound?

James

rustyosaurus 03-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 602466)

Is the button to open the liftgate glass black or brilliant black, and what about the outline around the JEEP badge - brilliant black or black?

I have a brilliant black Overland too and I want to paint the mirros and rear chrome strip too. I just can't decide if I should leave the JEEP chrome on the back or paint the whole strip brilliant black. Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks really good.

from his pictures it looks like the valley or the outline around the JEEP letters is black. i'm getting mine painted this week by scott - going to leave the letters and chrome valley/outline unpainted. i think it provides some nice contrast.

ajs800 03-29-2012 11:42 AM

^^how easy is it to remove?

-

rustyosaurus 03-29-2012 11:57 AM

no clue. i ordered an extra trim piece in case i decide to go back to the all chrome at a later date. i don't think it's difficult to remove but i'm going to have a body shop install it.

bmrisko 03-29-2012 01:37 PM

I didn't know leveling kits were possible with the QL suspension...looks good though!

ooja3k 03-29-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmrisko (Post 603264)
I didn't know leveling kits were possible with the QL suspension...looks good though!

Its not a 4x4.