Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Coming to the dawk sssiide. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/coming-to-the-dawk-sssiide-39950.html)

JeepKid 03-28-2012 08:43 PM

Coming to the dawk sssiide.

Hey guys, After a pretty awesome weekend of off roading in a few of my friends' Jeeps I've decided that I too am getting in to the lifted scene. I have no idea where to begin so some pointers would be nice. Keep in mind that I am the kind of guy that does not like to take "shortcuts" when it comes to my Jeep so I want to do things right from the start. My only concern right now would be the tow hitch as I have an SRT rear end. I know Justforjeeps sells the hitch for the srts but it looks like they offer a different exhaust setup to go with it. Can I keep my dual tips with the hitch?? As for my suspension I only want a 2" lift with beefier tires. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Jvenrick 03-28-2012 09:44 PM

Re: Coming to the dawk sssiide.

Welcome to the fun side! Jk. There are a bunch of great lifts out there with all different price tags. If your on a budget I recommend a rough country 2 in spacer lift. I have one and love it. Only $150 + install. I have some pics on my build tread, and since it's green too that should give you a pretty good idea what it will look like. Ha. Also I bet that srt rear bumper will look sweet on a lifted wk. Happy mods dude.

Also, unless you have to have a hitch, I would keep that awesome exhaust and just get a tow hook.

JeepKid 03-28-2012 10:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome lol. $150 is well within budget. What did install run you roughly? and a tow hook sounds like a much better idea, why didnt I think of that? LOL.

Jvenrick 03-28-2012 10:13 PM

Install cost 250. But you can def do it yourself for free if you have the tools. I would have, but got the lift during winter and wanted it installed but don't have a garage.

paroxysym 03-29-2012 07:20 AM

get yourself a daystar BB or a RC BB, some HD bilsteins and youll be set.

as for yoru hitch, i would keep the sweet rearend you have with the srt exhaust and the bumper- its unique as shit, get yourself a factory tow hook and install it, i believe it ties into the frame and the rear bumper. i run one with my OEM hitch, from what i hear thats rare.

if youre interested, in the next few weeks ill be looking to sell my current daystar BB and bilstein HDs as a package..

BlackedOutWK 03-29-2012 10:24 AM

do you want a hitch just as a recovery point? if so look into the 4xguard rear sliders instead then you can keep your setup and not have to worry about it looking wierd or having to mess with your exhaust.

omelet 03-29-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepKid (Post 602803)
Hey guys, After a pretty awesome weekend of off roading in a few of my friends' Jeeps I've decided that I too am getting in to the lifted scene. I have no idea where to begin so some pointers would be nice. Keep in mind that I am the kind of guy that does not like to take "shortcuts" when it comes to my Jeep so I want to do things right from the start. My only concern right now would be the tow hitch as I have an SRT rear end. I know Justforjeeps sells the hitch for the srts but it looks like they offer a different exhaust setup to go with it. Can I keep my dual tips with the hitch?? As for my suspension I only want a 2" lift with beefier tires. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Well in that case you want the Old Man Emu suspension! Hands down the best 2" lift for the WK :thumbsup: You will get front and rear coils and shocks that are specifically designed and tuned for superior performance on the WK.

JeepKid 03-29-2012 06:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestions fellas, just getting started and already finding there are a ton of options... and yes I was looking to get the hitch with the intent of using it to get pulled out of tough spots but hooks went right over my head. Lol. A couple weeks back I hit a dirt road on my own and it turned to slush/mad/ice in a hurry and found myself getting stuck. After my friend arrived it took us a minute to find something sturdy to latch the straps on to without breaking my bumper.... Definitely needs a grabbing point in the back. Come to think of it a piece of strap broke off and is still tied to my jeeps underside lol.

PM sent to Paroxy

JeepKid 03-29-2012 06:47 PM

This is probably a really stupid question but looking on shackwarehouse.com it looks like Bilstein only offers the HD shocks for the WK. I already have Bilsteins on my setup but are these the same??? Just curious because I only see the HD ones on there...

JeepJeff 04-02-2012 11:05 PM

I have to add that I'm the one that had to drag him out Haha ripping that sweet srt rear end apart was surly a worry. Tow hooks are or at least a lower attachment point are definitely needed. I can't wait to see it lifted. Even though it corners like a sports car lol Good luck Bri Bri! :P

paroxysym 04-03-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepJeff (Post 606029)
I have to add that I'm the one that had to drag him out Haha ripping that sweet srt rear end apart was surly a worry. Tow hooks are or at least a lower attachment point are definitely needed. I can't wait to see it lifted. Even though it corners like a sports car lol Good luck Bri Bri! :P

definitely looking forward to seeing that srt rear bumper on a lifted rig. it will still corner like a sports car with some HD bilsteins and those swaybars installed. :thumbsup::thumbsup: