Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Rock Rails, Trail Armo Etc (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/rock-rails-trail-armo-etc-39973.html)

MrWow 03-29-2012 08:21 AM

Rock Rails, Trail Armo Etc

Heyo so it is time to get my WK2 ready for some trail driving. Nothing like I used to do with my JK Rubi, but There is a lot more to protect here. I have all the skid plates etc but I need rock rails and some sort of front skid or tubes so a bump doesn't turn into a track on an approach.

As another member noticed the exhaust hangs below the rear control arms and skit plates a little :mad: so that will be addressed at an exhaust shop with a torch hopefully.

I am wondering what people have seen, I am having a tough time searching stuff since our vics are so new. I know mopar has rock sliders but they are 800 smacks and rocky road has some for 350. I like the look of the MOPAR ones but why oh why are they priced that high. JW what people have seen.

Also anyone mounted up from floppy rubber 4X4 rallyesque mud flaps? I got a little ding/chip on the left passenger door seem from a rock kicked up tearing fire roads... :cool:

Thanks!

PS Any MN members or ND SD there seems to be an awesome offroad park with a wide variety of difficulties (potential damaging courses) in Appleton for our Jeeps as well as ATVs and Dirt Bikes. There is a shared course and several just for each category. Anyone interested?

PPS There is also an event in June at Trollhaugen (mn wi border) put on my a local Jeep dealer that has all levels of courses for a weekend, I'll figure out the dates and repost.

rpoverland 03-29-2012 09:27 AM

Re: Rock Rails, Trail Armo Etc

I have the mopar rock rails, I think they are worth the $$$ they are super solid, they protect against door dings and they look mean.

m3thod 04-03-2012 06:52 PM

I've been eyeing up rock sliders as well. The main difference between the mopar an rocky road super slider is the mopar actually replaces the lower panel and the super slider sits below that panel. Basically you lose ground clearance with the super slider from what I've seen.

MrWow 04-19-2012 05:01 PM

Makes sense, I like the way the mopar ones look more anyway. I am wondering when they are gonna come out with a bumper or at least a lower half of the bumper. I love the way Ranges look with the safari style bumpers.

Alaska-HWY JK 04-22-2012 11:37 PM

I just put the Mopar rock rails on my wifes Overland. They look good, now we need rims with less backspace and some 265/65/18s to fill the wheel wells better. They're alot of work to put on but not difficult, having a second person just to get them positioned initially would be a bonus. Theres a couple of good writeups and lots of pics so I won't add any. I wish we would have had them for Soldiers Pass and Broken Arrow but we just had to take it easier.