Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   HID Factory replacement bulbs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/hid-factory-replacement-bulbs-40017.html)

Burner 03-30-2012 08:13 AM

HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
Hey guys, I'm just wondering where everyone gets new HID bulbs from. I asked the dealership how much they were just to find out and I was told $290.00 each. I was very shocked to say the least. So where does everyone go to get new ones from? Thanks

tri0829 03-30-2012 08:21 AM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
that price probably includes the ballast with the bulbs cause the bulbs alone wouldnt cost that much, if you dont mind used you can try car-part.com thats were i got my bulbs and ballasts from when i did the oem hid replacement. if you want aftermarket xenondepot is decent their shipping is slow but customer service is good. maybe try factorymopar.com or a site like that, good luck.

Burner 03-30-2012 08:25 AM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
Even though my jeep came with factory hid lights, I have to replace the ballists as well as the bulbs? That was just the bulbs.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-30-2012 11:37 AM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0829 (Post 603757)
that price probably includes the ballast with the bulbs cause the bulbs alone wouldnt cost that much, if you dont mind used you can try car-part.com thats were i got my bulbs and ballasts from when i did the oem hid replacement. if you want aftermarket xenondepot is decent their shipping is slow but customer service is good. maybe try factorymopar.com or a site like that, good luck.

That price is bulb only, oem and aftermarket are totally different systems. You can buy any two ds1 bulbs on ebay if you like. Make sure you get a pair because the bulb color will change over time. I would suggest phillips bulbs as they are the best. I have used aftermarket in my oem setup and the output was subpar

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-30-2012 11:37 AM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 603759)
Even though my jeep came with factory hid lights, I have to replace the ballists as well as the bulbs? That was just the bulbs.

No you only need to replace the bulbs

Scottina06 03-30-2012 02:33 PM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
I suggest the xenondepot xtreme d1s bulbs......oem quality with the lower price of aftermarket bulbs

Burner 03-30-2012 08:51 PM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
Sweet thanks guys

Relwarc 04-09-2012 09:29 PM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
I'm going to jump in on this. So not all bulbs work as well in the factory setup? I'm going to convert to the factory projectors, i can't use my current aftermarket hid set up, so i need to replace the bulbs to get a 6k look right? They aren't like other hids were any bulb works if it fits?

Relwarc 04-09-2012 10:34 PM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
Another question I can't seem to find in searches.... Does the auto leveling work?

Scottina06 04-10-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 610199)
Another question I can't seem to find in searches.... Does the auto leveling work?

Short answer.....no

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jeni 04-10-2012 03:19 AM

Re: HID Factory replacement bulbs
 
You just need to replace the bulbs and you can buy it from eBay.

Relwarc 04-10-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 610254)
Short answer.....no

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Fair enough.... But I can still aim them?

And Jeni, so an aftermarket setup will not fit?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community