Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Laredo vs. Laredo X (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/laredo-vs-laredo-x-40075.html)

4whljunkie89 03-31-2012 11:28 AM

Laredo vs. Laredo X

what is the difference between a loredo and loredo x? is it a loredo with the 26X quick order package or is it something more? i purchased a loredo but the options i have on it are not available on the loredo, they are available on the x model. so im wondering if i have the loredo or the loredo x... thanks guys!

AAAA 03-31-2012 11:54 AM

Re: Laredo vs. Laredo X

Go to the official Jeep website.

padgett 03-31-2012 12:40 PM

Easy way to tell is if you have cloth (base) or leather (X) seats. Also if it has 17' wheels, it is a Laredo. If a power passenger seat, X.

Whole reason for the Laredo (E) is to have a base price the same as the Ford Edge but unless a fleet buy, it is almost Kim Possible not to get the "E" group ($2k MSRP & 50% ADP). Uconnect seems to be standard now (Jeep keeps playing with included, mandatory options, and optional items. Changes are constantly being slipstreamed).

It is possible to buy a nice V-6 4x2 with towing package and mandatory (to get the towing package) E group for an out-the-door under $30k but not real easy. Add almost anything else and the price goes up and MPG goes down.

4whljunkie89 03-31-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 604606)
Easy way to tell is if you have cloth (base) or leather (X) seats. Also if it has 17' wheels, it is a Laredo. If a power passenger seat, X.

Whole reason for the Laredo (E) is to have a base price the same as the Ford Edge but unless a fleet buy, it is almost Kim Possible not to get the "E" group ($2k MSRP & 50% ADP). Uconnect seems to be standard now (Jeep keeps playing with included, mandatory options, and optional items. Changes are constantly being slipstreamed).

It is possible to buy a nice V-6 4x2 with towing package and mandatory (to get the towing package) E group for an out-the-door under $30k but not real easy. Add almost anything else and the price goes up and MPG goes down.

i have the 26X package with leather seats and everything else and the price matches for the laredo x but nowhere on my paperwork does it say laredo x.

LaRADo 03-31-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 604606)

I did last week :D
Also yesterday my avg mpgs hit 24.7!!!

padgett 03-31-2012 09:45 PM

Laredo X option package is an option group - look for code 26X. Also whenyou take delivery have the dealer print out the complete option list - that tells you how your Jeep was built with codes.

Interesting thing is that the Jeep page forces the "E" group on the Laredo X for the same $2k extra as the base Laredo when the X already includes the power seats.

Just one of the games.

4whljunkie89 04-01-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 604812)
Laredo X option package is an option group - look for code 26X. Also whenyou take delivery have the dealer print out the complete option list - that tells you how your Jeep was built with codes.

Interesting thing is that the Jeep page forces the "E" group on the Laredo X for the same $2k extra as the base Laredo when the X already includes the power seats.

Just one of the games.

yeah i thought that was a crock too but just went with it. dealer was straight up and said its impossible to not get it. i do have the 26x package and the E group. i have everything on the truck except the tow package. which i regret not getting... should of got the damn tow package! beautiful truck inside and out

SW03ES 04-01-2012 12:03 PM

So then yet, you have a Laredo X.

You can always add the tow package...

nickflow 03-20-2013 08:20 AM

Im sorry i just bought mine two days ago and i have no idea what i have like the other memeber i think i have a 2013 GC laredo but i do have: leather, heated seats, electric seats on driver and passanger, nav with backup camera...actually here is the website of the dealer still not updated showing my truck 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo For Sale | Austin TX . THANK YOU

sndrsk 03-21-2013 12:27 AM

I have the Laredo X and also had a Patriot Latitude X. What differentiates between the Latitude and the Latitude X was even more ambiguous.

Jeeters 03-21-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickflow (Post 784008)
Im sorry i just bought mine two days ago and i have no idea what i have like the other memeber i think i have a 2013 GC laredo but i do have: leather, heated seats, electric seats on driver and passanger, nav with backup camera...actually here is the website of the dealer still not updated showing my truck 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo For Sale | Austin TX . THANK YOU

Those are pictures of a Laredo X.

neiltb 03-21-2013 07:18 AM

so to summise, Laredo is an equipment level.
Option packs are available E and X (+ moonroof, V8 etc), but all laredo's are called Laredo on the hatch and on paperwork. A dealer calling a Laredo X a Laredo is not wrong, just poor marketing on his part.