Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/)
-   -   Thinking of upgrading my WJ suspension (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/thinking-of-upgrading-my-wj-suspension-40097.html)

beto4632 04-01-2012 01:34 AM

Thinking of upgrading my WJ suspension

So I decided that with my tax return i want to upgrade my suspension on my 99 v6 laredo. I want to keep it sock or do a 1-1.5"
I was looking at the rough country and the Bilistein do you guys have any recommendations. Ive been looking online and hopping to narrow down some choices. Thank You

kgingerich 04-01-2012 12:04 PM

Re: Thinking of upgrading my WJ suspension

If keeping stock:
Monroe sensa trac, or reflex shocks, all 4.
New TRE's, Steering stabalizer. (MOOG or NAPA basic)
Decent tires (Michelin LT's), nice used ones if you look, for cheap.
And of course a reputable front end alignment. Jeep actually offers one for about 70$ around here.
Bet it runs out real smooth and quiet for you!

01grand 04-02-2012 10:39 AM

The bilstein shocks, while expensive, are great at stock height.

GrnBeltWarrior 04-02-2012 10:51 AM

The best stock advice I have heard is addco sway bars and Bilstein shocks. The rear addco made a huge difference. My Bilsteins will be here Wednesday and I will get them on the Jeep on Friday.

While I can't speak from experience, I have looked at enough posts to know that it will make a huge difference compared to the tired OEM setup.

01grand 04-02-2012 11:07 AM

Addco sways definitely help too, especially the rear if you dont want to spend the extra on the front bar.

TJXJWJ 04-02-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrnBeltWarrior (Post 605604)
The best stock advice I have heard is addco sway bars and Bilstein shocks. The rear addco made a huge difference. My Bilsteins will be here Wednesday and I will get them on the Jeep on Friday.

While I can't speak from experience, I have looked at enough posts to know that it will make a huge difference compared to the tired OEM setup.

Exactly what he said....

Even if lifting, I'd look into Bilstien. The Bilstien HD is for stock height. They also make ones for lifted rigs depending on how high you're going.

Another option if you're thinking "off road" is Old Man Emu. OME is made by ARB. They are (in my opinion) the kings of off road suspensions. I had one on my lifted XJ and have had many different lifts in the past from Skyjacker to Teraflex, to Rancho. :thumbsup:

fibs 04-03-2012 01:33 PM

how did you get a v6?

beto4632 04-10-2012 06:17 PM

Im still on the search the MONROE and Blistens HD got me so interested, also thinking of upgrading the Steering Stabilizer. Its a hard choice but i have to make it soon.
I got a v6 form my friends parents they were moving out of state and sold me there jeep for 5k. Very nice too

99PlatinumWJ 04-10-2012 10:17 PM

Not to be a jerk or anything by correcting people, but you don't have a v6. You have an inline 6 (I6). Sorry but that is one of the few things that bothers me.. lol.

As for the suspension, what they said ^^^

beto4632 04-12-2012 11:30 PM

Correction I6 lol i always get that mixed up!

beto4632 04-13-2012 12:01 AM

I also got the Skyjacker hydro 7000. Hopefully i made a good choice!
Maybe my jeep will be happy too.