Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Air Suspension Again (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/air-suspension-again-40144.html)

AnthonyK 04-01-2012 11:06 PM

Air Suspension Again
 
3rd time now, and vehicle still has under 10000km on it, first time,
it was the controller, 2nd it was the compressor, now they dont know what it is, but it keeps loosing presure. Love the car, but so over the problems with this.

GTREVINOWK2 04-01-2012 11:17 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
Hope it gets fixed soon...! I opted for the limited in order to avoid the QL suspension issues based on info from the forum...

ColdCase 04-02-2012 05:44 AM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
The system probably has a leak that they are not fixing. Some dealers are better than others in finding leaks. They often resort to swapping out components, so the customer thinks they are doing something but, in fact, they don't really have a clue... although Chrysler may have them just swap components instead of spending all that time looking for the leak. Gives the QL a bad name, where it is probably the competence of the service. A leak will cause the compressor to run often and sometimes overheat. Hope its resolved soon, is there a lemon type law in New Zealand?

ColinIllinois 04-02-2012 11:55 AM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 605463)
The system probably has a leak that they are not fixing. Some dealers are better than others in finding leaks. They often resort to swapping out components, so the customer thinks they are doing something but, in fact, they don't really have a clue... although Chrysler may have them just swap components instead of spending all that time looking for the leak. Gives the QL a bad name, where it is probably the competence of the service. A leak will cause the compressor to run often and sometimes overheat. Hope its resolved soon, is there a lemon type law in New Zealand?


Your font is almost impossible to read.

iDave 04-02-2012 12:31 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
more like font color is impossible to read...

ColdCase 04-02-2012 01:17 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
Posts looks clear here on my screen, just like all the others... ?? Which screen color are you using?

ColinIllinois 04-02-2012 01:26 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 605675)
Posts looks clear here on my screen, just like all the others... ?? Which screen color are you using?


I guess it's the default. Black with gray backgrounds. Your font color is black on a dark gray background. No one else shows up like that. I can read your last post that you edited.

ColdCase 04-02-2012 05:04 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
I don't use the default skin as it is hard for me to read. I dunno why the forum does that to some of my posts. Perhaps some hosting bug as I'm not doing anything different. I do use the green skin, which has black text on a white background.

rockrash 04-02-2012 05:35 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 605463)
The system probably has a leak that they are not fixing. Some dealers are better than others in finding leaks. They often resort to swapping out components, so the customer thinks they are doing something but, in fact, they don't really have a clue... although Chrysler may have them just swap components instead of spending all that time looking for the leak. Gives the QL a bad name, where it is probably the competence of the service. A leak will cause the compressor to run often and sometimes overheat. Hope its resolved soon, is there a lemon type law in New Zealand?

:thumbsup: Find another dealer and explain everything that the other dealer did. Good Luck

fireron 04-02-2012 06:03 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
On my Summit, the problem was finally tied to improperly sized plastic lines and fittings which caused too high of pressure in the system making the left front not being able to completely raise the suspension to Off Road 2. It was finally diagnosed by an engineer with Continental from Germany.

Star should be able to relate your problem to several others over the course of the last year. When these systems have a problem, it can really be a pain to diagnose and fix. Most dealership mechanics, while good within their normal range of skills, have a tough time if they do not regularly work on these systems.

bromhead 04-02-2012 09:55 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
I seem to have a similar problem. It takes a long time to raise to OR1 and it will not raise to OR2. Unsure when this problem developed as its been several months since I tried to engage the system. Car has under 6k miles and this will be the 4th issue it has been brought in for. Any tips on helping the dealer diagnose the problem with QL?

fireron 04-03-2012 03:18 PM

Re: Air Suspension Again
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bromhead (Post 605987)
I seem to have a similar problem. It takes a long time to raise to OR1 and it will not raise to OR2. Unsure when this problem developed as its been several months since I tried to engage the system. Car has under 6k miles and this will be the 4th issue it has been brought in for. Any tips on helping the dealer diagnose the problem with QL?


There are so many scenarios for this problem. Bad module, leaking lines, bad compressor, impoperly sized plastic lines and fittings and finding leaking lines means a fairly extensive teardown.

If your system is leaking that badly, it draws in outside air to try and compensate for the loss of nitrogen in the system. It has to in order to try and keep things functioning but it also introduces moisture into the system at that point.

Your dealership should hook it up to STAR to help diagnose the problem (sometimes a useless excercise) but one that needs to be done on a problem like this. You need to go to a dealership who sells a lot of GC w/Quadralift. That should help with the mechanic's experience level, although it may be difficult to do in smaller towns. Sometimes, you may need to get the area manager involved to try and get Chrysler to look harder at your problem. Chrysler really does want to fix our JGCs (I know from personal experience at the Corporate level on my problem) but sometimes it takes a while to get their attention. Sorry I can't be more specific but when they work (QL) they're great but they all don't work as advertised unfortunately.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community