Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Dedicated iPod USB solutions/set up (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/dedicated-ipod-usb-solutions-set-up-40149.html)

LaRADo 04-02-2012 02:16 AM

Dedicated iPod USB solutions/set up

Hello, I just got my WK2 last week so I apologize if this has already been addressed, I tried doing a forum search but didn't see anything...

For those of us who have a dedicated iPod to play music via USB center arm rest console... How do you have it set up? currently I have my ipod sitting on the velvet with the 3ft cable wires unneatly coiled... My question for those of you is: Does anyone have a good/neat solution while still allowing for movement of armrest, etc.? (iPod was in my glove box in my previous car which was always out of the way and less noticed... better in my opinion)

Pictures and solutions would be great!!

Also, I've noticed that while listening to my iPod when turning off the jeep, the next time I start the jeep it defaults to the radio (uconnect 130 base headunit). Is there a way to have it start up how it was when it was turned off (turn off while listening to iPod and start up listening to iPod)???

LaRADo 04-03-2012 11:45 PM

Re: Dedicated iPod USB solutions/set up

...Bueller? I guess this isn't anyone else's concern - no worries

montgb 04-04-2012 09:48 AM

I have mine set-up the exact way that you do, just with a (much) shorter cable. The ipod is the only thing I keep in the "upper" container in the armrest - same location as the USB.

Also, after turning the truck back on, sometimes the music starts where it left off and sometimes it starts in the root directory. I haven't spent enough time to figure out the behavior.

LaRADo 04-04-2012 10:56 PM

I have considered that there's probably a shorter cable I could use, but haven't pursued that yet... its not like you can use the ipod once its plugged in ("accessory connected") so you do not need to have length to pull it out while using it...

Thats interesting that yours has resumed ipod music at times and others not... mine has reverted to Radio (FM or SAT whichever is last used... but not ipod if that was last used... don't get the logic)

ColdCase 04-05-2012 05:03 AM

430N or 730N radio?

The 730N is known to have its quirks. I use a short cable in the center console top section as most others, nothing else there except the iPOD touch and its nicely out of the way. Another car I have has a glove box outlet, the iPOD would get banged around quite a bit. I like the center console better. With the radio's 2.12 update it apears to work well, but there is perhaps 10% chance that the music won't start up automatically, need to go to the radio to reselect the iPOD.Prior to 2.12 there were several other issues, like losing the audio, switching playlists... etc... etc. Every iPOD OS updates seems to add more quirks than it fixes. Once you find a stable release, don't update.

I use a RAM mount for my iPAD.