Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Siruis sounds like poop!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/siruis-sounds-like-poop-40235.html)

05ltdhemi 04-03-2012 09:14 PM

Siruis sounds like poop!!

When i have my satellite radio on it sounds like there is absolutely no bass what so ever!!! Has anyone else has this issue or know of a fix for this?

Hemi24 04-03-2012 09:17 PM

Re: Siruis sounds like poop!!

how is your satellite radio installed? is it in the stock radio or is it an external/aftermarket satellite radio?

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-03-2012 09:25 PM

that is because sirius is not broadcast in stereo, mono only. sounds like shit IMO

jeepster23 04-03-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 606610)
that is because sirius is not broadcast in stereo, mono only. sounds like shit IMO

That is not really true. "Channel quality is two flavors, stereo music channels at 39 kbps and mono talk channels at 16 kbps using proprietary compression."

05ltdhemi 04-03-2012 09:54 PM

its on the stock radio. my girl has the wk2 and sirius and it sounds just like the regular radio.

WKX2 04-03-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ltdhemi (Post 606600)
When i have my satellite radio on it sounds like there is absolutely no bass what so ever!!! Has anyone else has this issue or know of a fix for this?

I noticed the same with my Sat Radio. Mine is connected to the head unit via the aux input. The quality was bad once I hooked up my basslink. I noticed there was an audio level setting on the Sat Radio menu that I just had to turn up. Sounds great now. HTH

Knightrider03m 04-03-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 606610)

Sure about that? My radio had bass in both my Jeep and Ford :confused:

05ltdhemi 04-04-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKX2 (Post 606651)
I noticed the same with my Sat Radio. Mine is connected to the head unit via the aux input. The quality was bad once I hooked up my basslink. I noticed there was an audio level setting on the Sat Radio menu that I just had to turn up. Sounds great now. HTH

there is a audio level setting on the stock radio?

JMLoughrey 04-05-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ltdhemi (Post 607112)

on the stock radio, no. If he's going into the aux input for audio he's got an aftermarket sat radio.

If yours is built in, theres not a whole lot you can do. Try to do a hardreset on it? Maybe call sirius see if they can refresh the signal.

Other than that, youre basically stuck.

05ltdhemi 04-05-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMLoughrey (Post 607671)
on the stock radio, no. If he's going into the aux input for audio he's got an aftermarket sat radio.

If yours is built in, theres not a whole lot you can do. Try to do a hardreset on it? Maybe call sirius see if they can refresh the signal.

alright thanks. gonna try that now and see what happens. ill report back with results.

WKX2 04-06-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05ltdhemi (Post 607112)

no, the level setting is on the XM radio just run through the menu and see if yours has it too.. mine is a basic no frills model so I'm certain better sat radios have more capability possibly even and EQ?

WKX2 04-06-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMLoughrey (Post 607671)

correct, I have an aftermarket stereo tuner with SAT but I only interface my head unit with the AUX run from a separate sat radio.. pic

http://i44.tinypic.com/wwhnro.jpg