Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Purchase from one dealer, service from another. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/purchase-from-one-dealer-service-from-another-40334.html)

Brainfry 04-05-2012 09:32 PM

Purchase from one dealer, service from another.

Can I get a show of hands as to how many of you get your Jeep serviced somewhere OTHER than the dealership who sold it to you?

I recently purchased my '12 Overland from a dealership that I've grown to really mistrust and frankly, don't want to give any more business to. They had a great price, so that's where I bought it.

There's a much closer dealership to my place with a good reputation, but I'm wondering the best way to go about approaching them for service when the time comes.

I'm thinking a simple, "Hey, the dealership I bought it from sucks, and I'd love to give you my business"... then hand the service manager a case of brew.

Thoughts? Stories? Suggestions?

Thanks!

B

SMG1 04-05-2012 09:45 PM

Re: Purchase from one dealer, service from another.

You're overthinking it. You don't really need to "approach" them. Most service departments don't care where you bought the vehicle from. They'll take your business any way they can get it. Warranty work may suck for them, but they also see it as a chance to bring in a new oil change, tire rotation, xxxx mile service, etc. customer. I've done it with several new cars, as the dealers around me always seem to suck. As you say, however, those dealers often have the best prices. In fact, I can only think of two cars (out of about 10) that I've ever had regularly serviced at the dealers I purchased them from.

armoredsaint 04-05-2012 09:54 PM

got mine in Shitcago, will be serviced here in central Ohio :D

moosehead 04-05-2012 10:47 PM

Bought mine in California, serviced here in CO. Whether service is paid for by Jeep warranty, or by customer, the service department is profitable. Jeep service folks are also proud of this successful vehicle.

Absolutely take it to the better service department. They should welcome the business with little to no bribery necessary.

Good luck with it.

Lingohocken 04-05-2012 10:53 PM

Got ours from one dealer, tried their service department, then after that experience went back to another dealer, Bergey's, we used to use in an adjacent county that has much better service. They've treated me very well there.

walterhudson 04-06-2012 12:42 AM

No problem....just make an appointment and bring her in for sevice...all dealers want all the work they can get

Wxchaser 04-06-2012 05:04 AM

I bought my GC in Colorado (best price/options I could find at the time). I met the owner of a nearby Jeep dealership while shopping, struck up a conversation about service needs, and I've been going there ever since. They have treated me like gold, and I've bought a few goodies from them in return for decent prices. So far I've been really lucky and happy with the service quality.

Brinnik 04-06-2012 05:06 AM

They will accept your business with open arms this is the way they make their money. I purchased my overland in North Carolina and I live in New York. Hopefully I dont have to see the service dept. that often

Jeeters 04-06-2012 05:10 AM

Where you take it for service is a non issue. When you call the service department to make an appointment, you don't need to give them any story about buying it somewhere else. They couldn't care less. Just say you have a Jeep with whatever problem and would like to bring it in. They'll be glad to take you since whether you pay for it, or Chrysler pays for it (warranty work), it's money for them.

AAAA 04-06-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterhudson (Post 608092)
No problem....just make an appointment and bring her in for sevice...all dealers want all the work they can get

What he said. :thumbsup:

Syndicate 04-06-2012 11:09 AM

I do it all the time. It's like going to a doctor, sometimes you just want a second opinion or build a better relationship with someone else. Jeep is Jeep, they company is still making profits either way.

Brainfry 04-06-2012 11:21 AM

Okay, so it seems overwhelmingly clear that I should continue going to the dealer I purchased it from. I KID, I KID!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks all!

B