Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Driver side mirror vibration. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/driver-side-mirror-vibration-40357.html)

sdlimited 04-06-2012 01:08 PM

Driver side mirror vibration.

My driver side rear view mirror vibrates while driving. It's enough to make the headlights of other cars appear to be shaking. The passenger side is solid and does not move like this.

Anyone else. I'm going to see if I can get my dealer to replace it. This time they can't tell me "unable to replicate"... It's easy to see.

2012 Summit 04-06-2012 01:22 PM

Re: Driver side mirror vibration.

I too have noticed the vibration, but only at higher speeds above 60 MPH.

sdlimited 04-06-2012 02:02 PM

Maybe this is normal? Hopefully more people chime in. Go for a drive people! Enjoy your jeep!!!

Eric67 04-06-2012 03:00 PM

I sometimes notice a small vibration. Dealer could not fix it. Only on higher speeds or loud music :lol:

rich mac 04-06-2012 10:32 PM

I've noticed no vibration in my mirrors at all, and I'm kind of prone to see problems. Do you feel vibration in the seat or steering wheel? You should have no vibration that would cause the mirror to vibrate unless the mirror glass is not securely mounted in the housing.

sdlimited 04-07-2012 12:23 AM

I have vibration on my steering wheel a small amount. I have a few things the dealer needs to square away.

I was just checking if this mirror issue is normal for all our jeeps

77Cherokee 04-07-2012 09:38 AM

If it only happens at certain speeds, it could be a wheel balance problem on that side, which would also account for the steering wheel vibration.

drwaldo69 04-07-2012 09:53 AM

Mine does it but it is subtle. Passenger side is fine. Probably just the way it is. I noticed it does it at higher speeds on the highway. Maybe a combo of speed and ECO? I'll have to see.

jjallen 04-09-2012 01:31 PM

My driver side mirror will vibrate as well over rough roads or bridge expansion joints. Passenger side is better, though not perfect. The 20" rims I have also contribute to that I'm sure.

I have noticed this on almost all vehicles I have driven to a certain extent, so I'm not too worried.

Suther 06-24-2012 01:58 PM

I have the vibration in the driver mirror as well. It happens at any speed with the smallest bump. I recognized its depending on the position of the mirror. The farer you adjust it inside the lesser vibration you have. I need it very far out due to my 6'4.
I also see that it doesn't go smooth from inside to the outside. It got stock on 2/3 of the way as if the gears jumping over some teeth.
The passenger side is fine! Solid, smooth just great.

robtminor 06-24-2012 04:17 PM

Haven't noticed vibration while driving. Both mirrors vibrate with stereo at high volume.

AAAA 06-25-2012 11:42 AM

Sounds like the good vibrations are giving you excitations. (mm, bop, bop)