Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Would you go with Fortera's again? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/would-you-go-with-forteras-again-40428.html)

nickyj 04-08-2012 09:40 AM

Would you go with Fortera's again?

Just wondering when it's time to replace your current Fortera's, would you purchase them again or go with a different tire.:rolleyes:

RageOfFury 04-08-2012 10:20 AM

Re: Would you go with Fortera's again?

Forteras are "so-so" rated on tirerack.com. Pretty much all OEM tires are sort of crappy. I wouldn't recommend going with the Forteras again, even though I've never tested them myself. The reviews on tirerack.com are all I need.

Now, with that said, what tire should you go for? Well that depends what you use your Jeep for. So, please enlighten us so we can better help you :)

TheJeepSter 04-08-2012 10:36 AM

No.. tires look good..they are ok, but I've had much better...our stock 20" rims do not have a wide variety to pick from...that's if u want the stock size

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jd2012jgc 04-08-2012 11:49 AM

So far so good. Quiet smooth ride, great traction in wet and dry.
Would definitely buy again.

ColinIllinois 04-08-2012 11:58 AM

I'm not a huge fan of them although now that I have a few thousand miles on them the ride seems to be a bit better. Not sure why that is, maybe I'm just getting used to them. I can't justify the expense of replacing them right now but I will be looking at the Firestone Destination ST when I do replace them.

Obviously I'm not off-roading and we have relatively mild winters here in Southern Illinois.

nickyj 04-08-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 609155)
Forteras are "so-so" rated on tirerack.com. Pretty much all OEM tires are sort of crappy. I wouldn't recommend going with the Forteras again, even though I've never tested them myself. The reviews on tirerack.com are all I need.

Now, with that said, what tire should you go for? Well that depends what you use your Jeep for. So, please enlighten us so we can better help you :)

I'm doing mostly highway driving and the Fortera's seem ok but wanted to see if there are better options in the same price range (< $200 ea.)

pbm317 04-08-2012 02:44 PM

I'm thinking of going with Nitto Crosstek CUV tires. Just under $200 at NTB and they always have deals going on.

RageOfFury 04-08-2012 04:30 PM

The Michelin LTX M/S2 are an extremely good highway SUV/Truck tires. If you want something a bit more rugged, then the Michelin LTX A/T2 or Firestone Destination A/T tires are very good.

olamaca 04-08-2012 04:41 PM

No and will purchase a new set from different mfg.

Bikemanx2 04-08-2012 05:24 PM

I have liked them. They have been great in the snow, mud, rain, and dry conditions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BobsWK2 04-08-2012 05:56 PM

The Forteras have been great for my type of use.

Yadkin 04-08-2012 06:06 PM

Mine seem fine, but if I don't get at least 50k out of them then I'll go with something else.