Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/my-pictures-in-radio-and-evic-info-40475.html)

John47 04-08-2012 11:36 PM

My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
I notice in our Laredo with the standard radio there is a folder on the hard drive called My Pictures - the touchscreen icon is there but greyed out and not accessible.
Is this normal with a Laredo or can pictures be stored? Almost looks like a software glitch.

Also on the EVIC in the menu section vehicle information I can call up coolant temp, transmission temp and the engine hours are displayed. The manual says engine oil pressure and oil temp are also available.
Can other Laredo owners get oil pressure and temp?

darthgus 04-09-2012 01:18 AM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John47 (Post 609572)
I notice in our Laredo with the standard radio there is a folder on the hard drive called My Pictures - the touchscreen icon is there but greyed out and not accessible.
Is this normal with a Laredo or can pictures be stored? Almost looks like a software glitch.

Also on the EVIC in the menu section vehicle information I can call up coolant temp, transmission temp and the engine hours are displayed. The manual says engine oil pressure and oil temp are also available.
Can other Laredo owners get oil pressure and temp?

My Laredo doesnt have oil pressure or temp either.

With the My pictures you can insert pics on a usb stick and copy them on the hard drive.

John47 04-09-2012 02:22 AM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darthgus (Post 609594)

With the My pictures you can insert pics on a usb stick and copy them on the hard drive.

Nope - that's my issue......can't access the folder - even with a USB stick with .jpg's in the slot.
The icon stays greyed out.
It's highly likely I'm not working the thing right.

And thanks for the info re the oil pressure and temp - I knew there was a reason for paying the extra money!!

Mendo 04-09-2012 02:56 AM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John47 (Post 609600)
Nope - that's my issue......can't access the folder - even with a USB stick with .jpg's in the slot.
The icon stays greyed out.
It's highly likely I'm not working the thing right.

And thanks for the info re the oil pressure and temp - I knew there was a reason for paying the extra money!!

Search the forums you need to have it formatted a special way and also have 1 file with a certain extension for it to recognize the USB.

just4fun 04-09-2012 03:13 AM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
You need to have one mp3 file on you USB stick then you will see your jpeg files

Have fun

John47 04-09-2012 08:05 PM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
Thanks again for the info - I've resized the .jpgs to 197x148 so they are tiny, added a couple of .mp3s to the .jpg files in the root directory of the USB (and they load to the HD no worries) - but no access to the My Pictures folder - the icon is greyed out, whether or not the USB stick is inserted.
Obviously the USB is recognised because I got the mp3 files, but apparently I'm still not presenting the jpg's in the right manner.
I'll keep doing the research - its not really an issue but has turned into a challenge to beat the bugger....

darthgus 04-09-2012 10:27 PM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
Have you got them in a folder or just in the root directory of the USB stick? Maybe thats the difference (Havent actually tried photos onto mine yet)

just4fun 04-10-2012 02:39 AM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
After messing around with the size of the jpeg, before I put the mp3 file on the USB, it makes no difference on the size of the file

John47 05-31-2012 12:55 AM

Re: My Pictures in Radio and EVIC info
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John47 (Post 610118)
Thanks again for the info - I've resized the .jpgs to 197x148 so they are tiny, added a couple of .mp3s to the .jpg files in the root directory of the USB (and they load to the HD no worries) - but no access to the My Pictures folder - the icon is greyed out, whether or not the USB stick is inserted.
Obviously the USB is recognised because I got the mp3 files, but apparently I'm still not presenting the jpg's in the right manner.
I'll keep doing the research - its not really an issue but has turned into a challenge to beat the bugger....

This is an old thread now....and I never did solve the problem - but Allypally reminded me again today and I had another dig.
I was sitting with the engine idling and the radio on (its an RB2) for no real reason, touched the My Files button and for the first time noticed the My Pictures icon wan't greyed out and gave me an option to add pictures.
It's fixed itself!!! Hooray.
Go home, put files on USB, turn radio on accy - bugger - icon greyed out. Tried everything. Just could not access.
In desperation, and cranky now, started engine - icon accessible again.
Loaded pictures from the USB no issues with the engine running.......
Obviously its either software or a power thing.....
Everything else on the radio works on accy.
Weird.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community