Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730 n auto brightness (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730-n-auto-brightness-40480.html)

Jdsmitty10 04-09-2012 07:23 AM

730 n auto brightness

Should the auto brightness feature make the screen dimmer at night? I seem to have to manually change it to night setting.. Would the auto setting do this for me? It hasn't that I notice..

metmatt44 04-09-2012 07:29 AM

Re: 730 n auto brightness

Try using the interior lights dial -- it's a vertical dial near the headlights knob. Move it downward to the third setting (first is interior lights on, second is interior lights on with doors open, etc.). Now, when your headlights switch on when dark, your screen will auto dim. Don't know why it was set up that way.

RKlimas 04-09-2012 08:24 AM

Not sure exactly where it is, but there is a display brightness option from one of the main screens. It allows you to leave the display in daytime, nightime or auto. Also note you can change the daytime and nightime default brightness and that is what is displayed in auto mode. Hope this helps.

Jdsmitty10 04-09-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metmatt44 (Post 609653)
Try using the interior lights dial -- it's a vertical dial near the headlights knob. Move it downward to the third setting (first is interior lights on, second is interior lights on with doors open, etc.). Now, when your headlights switch on when dark, your screen will auto dim. Don't know why it was set up that way.

Will I still get interior lights with doors open? What's the point of auto if it's not really auto??

77Cherokee 04-09-2012 05:41 PM

The feature is fully automatic, depending on how you set it. As stated above, first go into the Nav display settings and put a checkmark in the "auto" box. Then set your interior lights dimmer wheel to any position just below the second detent down from the top. Now your screen should dim when the headlights come on. If the headlights come on too early you can raise the dimmer wheel up one detent to make the screen bright again. Raise it to the topmost position to turn on the interior lights any time. Otherwise they will come on when a door is opened. You can defeat that by turning the dimmer all the way down past the bottom detent. If all else fails, read the manual. It is explained there better than I can.

Deception 04-09-2012 11:45 PM

I had this same problem, I didn't know that the dial that controlled the light sensitivity on the inside dealt with the navigation screen as well... Just scroll it down one click and the navigation screen should dim when the lights are on.

Jdsmitty10 04-10-2012 05:04 AM

I scrolled it down. Now I just have to drive at night to see how it works! Thanks for te responses!

BuckeyeSRT 04-10-2012 02:37 PM

When your lights turn on the screen will go to the night setting (black background in Nav)

77Cherokee 04-10-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallguy (Post 610554)
That's the problem.
I don't want it to go to night setting during the day with headlights on and I don't want to move the dimmer wheel
because if I do I have to move it down again at night...

Are DRL's standard equipment in Canada? If so, why would you need your headlights on during the day, unless you are in a funeral procession? If not, then there should be a light sensor controlling the Nav screen. It is really not an issue down here because we have DRL's.

tallguy 04-10-2012 07:02 PM

Good point!

Jdsmitty10 04-11-2012 09:13 PM

thats what i was looking for..again thanks for the help...i have it to the top of the dial on the 3rd notch and the lights came on today for a thunderstorm and the screen dimmed to the "night" setting.. perfect.. the screen wasn't too dark in my opinion for the daytime(it was kinda dark because of the storm) but i didnt think the screen was too dark on the night setting when it was still light out..

talon38c 08-19-2012 10:46 PM

Re: 730 n and 430 n auto brightness

This is why I love Jeep Garage.. I had the same problem, searched for it here and found the answer! :thumbsup: