Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Parking brake warning light stays on (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/parking-brake-warning-light-stays-on-40533.html)

zar787 04-10-2012 04:09 AM

Parking brake warning light stays on

Hi everyone,

just got my GC for 2 months now. I absolutely love it to bits. This morning however, when I released my foot brake, the parking brake warning light still stays on. This happened a few times before but when I put on the foot brake and release it again, the light disappears. Or when I poke it a bit with my foot it disappears too. But now, whatever I do it still stays on. Anyone had the same problem? I noticed that when I put a bit of pressure on the foot brake without engaging it, it disappears but when I release it, it goes back on. Hope this is not a major problem.

Also, is it normal to hear water flowing and splashing when braking or when turning the vehicle?

just4fun 04-10-2012 06:02 AM

Re: Parking brake warning light stays on

Take it back to you dealer, the switch maybe faulty.
The water slushing issue can be corrected, a TSB has been issued to correct it

zar787 04-10-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just4fun (Post 610291)
Take it back to you dealer, the switch maybe faulty.
The water slushing issue can be corrected, a TSB has been issued to correct it

Will bring it back to the dealer. I realised that when I poked on the foot breaks again it disappeared. Btw, for the water slushing issue, which TSB are you referring to? Is it the one with the change of the gas tank?

zar787 04-12-2012 07:09 AM

Also just wondering is the TSB covered under warranty?

exlr8 11-02-2012 09:39 PM

I just encountered the park brake light staying on today with the adjacent red "p" light. Park brake is off, fluid level is full and brakes seem fine. Faulty park brake sensor perhaps?

HammFist 11-06-2012 06:59 PM

Could be. It could also be a lot of more serious problems, as the brake warning light is used to tell you when you have any problems that may impact brake function. So take it to the dealer and let them diagnose the problem.

exlr8 11-07-2012 06:25 AM

I had it at the dealer today and the problem. Quote: "wire with open circuit. Repaired wire".
I had previously checked the sinister possibilities first, even called Jeep assist and they agreed it was OK to drive.
Anyway, the annoying flashing lights have gone and I can use my Cruise Control again!

Harvie 04-28-2013 05:40 AM

I rang my dealer in regards to this light a couple of days ago and they told me it is a common problem. They also said it was safe to drive but no cruise control until it is fixed. I now have to plan a trip over 600km away to get this sorted plus the knocking noise in the rear..