Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   whats so bad about the boston system? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/whats-so-bad-about-the-boston-system-40543.html)

paroxysym 04-10-2012 11:42 AM

whats so bad about the boston system?

so im looking at upgrading the BA system i have, however i would rather allocate the funds for the kicker upgrade somewhere else in the "build". i think my boston system sounds good for what it is, however the front gets alittle distorted at higher volumes. so im wondering what are the problem areas with the BA system? are the dash speakers just like dash speakers on the WJ- junk...? if i can address these issues and keep it sounding good for awhile, i can justify blowing the kicker funds elsewhere.

so what have you replaced or had issues with and fixed to make the BA system tolerable?

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-10-2012 11:50 AM

Re: whats so bad about the boston system?

The boston system is a good system at low to moderate levels. The kicker system sounds good at all levels. I started with boston and switched to kicker and i love it!

paroxysym 04-11-2012 06:43 AM

is there anything that can be done to the current system to improve it? am i correct that the distortion in the front is mostlikely the dash speakers?

antsjeep 04-11-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paroxysym (Post 610989)
is there anything that can be done to the current system to improve it? am i correct that the distortion in the front is mostlikely the dash speakers?

Yes, just upgrade your dash speakers. It will make a big difference in the sound quality.

I upgraded to Infinity Reference (2ohm) versions and they sound 100x cleaner than the stock speakers.

paroxysym 04-11-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antsjeep (Post 611054)
Yes, just upgrade your dash speakers. It will make a big difference in the sound quality.

I upgraded to Infinity Reference (2ohm) versions and they sound 100x cleaner than the stock speakers.

you kept the BA is the doors and just did the dash speakers?

JMLoughrey 04-12-2012 11:35 PM

new dash speakers will make a world of difference.

paroxysym 04-13-2012 06:23 AM

whats a decent replacement? i was going to buy a set of new BA dash speakers to replace the ones that are kinda blown..

antsjeep 04-13-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paroxysym (Post 611058)
you kept the BA is the doors and just did the dash speakers?

yes.

HemiDawg 04-13-2012 07:46 AM

I have a set of the Kicker dash speakers that I would probably sell if anyone is interested.

TurboDiesel 04-13-2012 07:53 AM

whats the ratings of the BA amp?
do u have to match those settings to the new dash speakers?

what specs should we look for?