Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   SRT8s running at a road course..... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/srt8s-running-at-a-road-course-40565.html)

BostonDMD 04-10-2012 06:28 PM

SRT8s running at a road course.....

with real sport cars.....

http://vimeo.com/40117585

Scottina, if you like it, you have permission to post this video wherever you want.

cmn1 04-10-2012 06:42 PM

Re: SRT8s running at a road course.....

Looks like it did very well. Thanks for posting. Looks like Quick was doing pretty good for his first time.

BostonDMD 04-10-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmn1 (Post 610704)
Looks like it did very well. Thanks for posting. Looks like Quick was doing pretty good for his first time.

Thanks. Quick did very well at the track, actually better than I had imagined....

as for myself, it was also my first time at the track running with a truck....:)

QuickOne 04-10-2012 08:09 PM

Thanks Chad and BostonDMD...I knew all that illegal highway racing and Old Lady stoplight races I've been having had to pay off sometime! LOL..

Scottina06 04-10-2012 08:30 PM

awesome video Doc!

Mustbf8 04-10-2012 09:35 PM

Great job Brian! You actually had some great lines out there for your first time! You were actually putting down better racing lines than the Doc when you were behind him. It only gets better from there!

jgc4ever 04-10-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickOne (Post 610771)
Thanks Chad and BostonDMD...I knew all that illegal highway racing and Old Lady stoplight races I've been having had to pay off sometime! LOL..

:thumbsup:

Awesome video BostonDMD

Yaccster 04-11-2012 01:48 AM

Well done!

Marlin 04-11-2012 02:19 AM

Great vid doc :) Boy am I glad I'm not a front left tire! lol

How did the brakes hold up? By the entry line you're taking into a couple of the big braking corners it kinda looks like you were kind of waiting for them not to be there? (The brakes)

Now, are you going to dial some castor and negative camber into the front end to alleviate some understeer??? :D

On the tire front, I've had the idea that a set of the Dunlop or Bridgestones off a 35 GTR could be just the thing for these. Pretty close on size, and designed to handle the weight. I'd love to try out a set and see how they went. I know you still can't find a tire faster than the factory fitted tires on the R35 in the 20" size..... None of the R-comps seem able to handle the weight.

BostonDMD 04-11-2012 07:11 AM

Marlin, the stock brakes held up for 3-4 laps, then started fading quick and thus had to take appropriate measures (slowing down a bit and start braking much earlier).

The all weather tires on a track are only good to entertain the spectator as they had minimal grip (thus drift) and squealed to wake up the dead. A performance tire is in desperate need.

As far as castor and neg. camber, it would definetly help if I were to track it frequently.

Overall, there is a major difference in handling between sport and track mode.

In track mode the traction control is supposedly off, but still kicks in if you try to rotate the truck in a corner.

In sport mode the TC kicks in all the time and there is much more body roll, I will try to post a video later on in sport mode and see if it show the difference....

Thanks for watching.....

tavaresdc 04-11-2012 07:42 AM

great great vid doc....
looked like the truck did well. awesome!

Megatron 04-11-2012 08:46 AM

Cool video! Great driving guys.

What was the red truck I seen around the 4:56 mark - It was parked on the side