Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   WK2 Jeep Start/Stop Issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/wk2-jeep-start-stop-issue-40571.html)

toothy 04-10-2012 08:01 PM

WK2 Jeep Start/Stop Issue

Has anyone had the issue where you press the electric ignition and the Jeep will start, run for a few seconds and then stop?

Does anyone/Jeep know the cause of this issue and therefore how to resolve the problem. I live in Australia, so there is not as much help here as there is in the US.

Cheers
Nigel

toothy 04-10-2012 09:54 PM

Re: WK2 Jeep Start/Stop Issue

ok...so no-one heard of this happening?????

toothy 04-10-2012 11:34 PM

after emailing tsb's to our jeep dealer locally, apparently the latest tsb issued on 4th april is a fix for this issue (fingers crossed) so i am dropping jeep off in the morning to be repaired along with both fob's.

hopefully this will resolve this frustrating issue...

cheers
nigel

techman46 04-11-2012 06:15 AM

Hi Toothy, I live in Melbourne and have the same problem with my diesel WK2.
Has happened six times since delivery in November 2011. I have had it to the dealer once with no result. I would be interested in how you go with your Dealer.

Terry

techman46 04-12-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toothy (Post 610893)
after emailing tsb's to our jeep dealer locally, apparently the latest tsb issued on 4th april is a fix for this issue (fingers crossed) so i am dropping jeep off in the morning to be repaired along with both fob's.

hopefully this will resolve this frustrating issue...

cheers
nigel

Hi Nigel, did your dealer find a solution to the starting/stop issue? I am about to book mine in for the dealer to look at. It would help if I had some feed back if your problem is resolved.

Cheers Terry.

MWithy 04-13-2012 05:53 AM

Toothy,

Had this problem and also the flat battery issue, they used an USB stick and downloaded a fix, so far 11000kms later has never repeated the issue.

Mike.

toothy 04-15-2012 07:56 PM

hi guys - sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

i took the jeep in on thursday and they did an upload. i emailed them the tsb that came out on 4th april for all jeep gc international models that apparently fixes this start stop issue. so they did the upload and we will wait and see I guess. they believe it will fix the problem. i was annoyed though that they didnt get onto it for me. they should keep a record of all people with these models and all tsb and notify their customers when an update becomes available.

toothy 04-16-2012 06:02 PM

just a quick update - I spoke to my local dealer and queried why I wasnt notified immediately when this tsb came out. they said Jeep will notify the customers within a month of an update being available...

anyway, we havent had a repeat of the same issue as yet, but it hasnt been a week yet.

cheers
toothy

RocketRod 10-01-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techman46 (Post 610980)
Hi Toothy, I live in Melbourne and have the same problem with my diesel WK2.
Has happened six times since delivery in November 2011. I have had it to the dealer once with no result. I would be interested in how you go with your Dealer.

Terry

Did this ever get resolved if so what was the solution?

padgett 10-01-2013 09:03 AM

Stop suddenly or kinda shudder first ? If shudder I would suspect the fuel pump not going into run mode. If suddenly it is probably being commanded.