Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Best leather cleaner/protectant (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/best-leather-cleaner-protectant-40595.html)

Dave07 04-11-2012 07:53 AM

Best leather cleaner/protectant

I was cleaning the leather seats and dash on the Jeep and noticed that when i use leatheer cleaner it never really dries or I guess soaks into the leather. After talking to a couple people I heard that they are now applying a coating to the leather. With this what does everyone use to clean the dash and other leather on your jeeps that give the best look and protection to the leather? I want to treat the girl to the best but don't want to be able to still feel the cleaner on the surfaces days after i clean the interior. What products do you use and what do you find gives you the best clean look and protects your jeep's leather the best?

kkreit01 04-11-2012 10:55 AM

Re: Best leather cleaner/protectant

Surf City Dash Away for dash leather & cleaner/protectant, and Surf City Leather Rejuvenator for conditioning the leather. Both products work great. I used to use 303, but will never go back.

Barb107 04-12-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 611081)
Surf City Dash Away for dash leather & cleaner/protectant, and Surf City Leather Rejuvenator for conditioning the leather. Both products work great. I used to use 303, but will never go back.

Are you using both of these products on the dash, or the first on the dash and the Rejuvenator on the seats?

Barb107 04-12-2012 12:32 PM

I was thinking of Collinite Leather and Vinyl Wax.

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-...and-vinyl-wax/

Does anyone have knowledge of this product?

BlueLodge400 04-12-2012 12:42 PM

I recommend this product. www.Leatherique.com

I have very light(Almost white) Interior on my Cayenne and it works AMAZING at keeping it looking like new.

kkreit01 04-12-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barb107 (Post 611782)
Are you using both of these products on the dash, or the first on the dash and the Rejuvenator on the seats?

Dash Away on dash -- and all interior plastic/vinyl. It's also great for cleaning leather. It easily removed an ink pen mark on the white piping of my car's leather. I only use Rejuvenator on the seats and steering wheel (anywhere you have leather/pleather) about 2-3x/yr. You may be able to buy at your Local Walmart or auto parts store.

(and NO -- I'm not affiliated with Surf City in any way). I'm just very pleased with several of their products, and even more happy they are now OTC.

mot250 04-12-2012 01:58 PM

Do any of these suggestions make the leather on the 2012 Overland (and other models with leather, I presume) make the leather feel less dry?

I like Lexol leather cleaner followed by Lexol leather conditioner but on my new Overland, it doesn't seem to make a difference. The leather still seems dried out.

Dave07 04-12-2012 03:13 PM

The issue i've been having is that it seems like the leather on the seats seem like they have a sealant on the leather itself making the cleaners and conditioners soak into the leather. the cleaners will still appear to be wet and just on the surface a few days later so wanted to make sure I didn't use anything that will damage the leather or finish. I'll have to give the products mentioned a try, also that detailing website seemed to have some pretty good pricing from what I could tell.

rpoverland 04-12-2012 06:08 PM

I use gliptone liquid leather for my cars. It is the only one that smells like leather.

kkreit01 04-13-2012 11:54 AM

FYI Rejuvenator also smells like leather.

Yadkin 04-13-2012 02:37 PM

I just paid $25 for a pint of Adams leather conditioner because it has an SPF of 65, and we get a lot of sun here. I used it twice and the bottle is 1/3 gone. Aside from the SPF though I don't think its any better than the Amorall leather conditioner that comes in what looks like a ketchup bottle, costs about $6 or $7 and the bottle seems to last forever.

The Adams is also too shiny and the Amorall is more of a luster.

bmrisko 04-13-2012 02:52 PM

Chemical Guys Sprayable Leather Cleaner & Conditioner in One - Smells great too!
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Leather_...spi_103_16.htm

Another alternative is the Blue Magic Conditioner & Cleaner...available OTC at most parts stores.