Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Who has actually gone through the Buy Back or Lemon Law process with their WK2? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/who-has-actually-gone-through-the-buy-back-or-lemon-law-process-with-their-wk2-40603.html)

ClemS4 04-11-2012 12:25 PM

Who has actually gone through the Buy Back or Lemon Law process with their WK2?

For those of you that have, what was the reasoning behind it and how much of a fight was it? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

ClemS4 04-11-2012 12:31 PM

Re: Who has actually gone through the Buy Back or Lemon Law process with their WK2?

I have already searched the forum and am aware of a few. Hopefully this thread can serve as a decent summary spot for those searching. The link for my issue regarding a noise coming from the passenger side rear suspension is below for those that are curious. I'm hoping I don't have to down the route of a buy back / Lemon Law but I think the issue our JGC is having could be a safety issue. I'm one who likes to be prepared if I do need to go down this route.
Thanks.

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=26901

WoodKnuckle 04-11-2012 10:21 PM

Re: Who has actually gone through the Buy Back or Lemon Law process with their WK2?

I am in the process right now on my 2011 Overland. Attorney submitted the lawsuit last month.

armoredsaint 04-11-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodKnuckle (Post 611540)
I am in the process right now on my 2011 Overland. Attorney submitted the lawsuit last month.

details?

noahchanin 04-12-2012 08:24 AM

2011 Overland bought back/replaced by Chrysler. Took a very long time for them to agree but when they finally did it was relatively easy and I would even dare say they were cooperative and helpful and in the end gave me more than I asked for .

I believe Chrysler customer service is designed to stall you as long as possible. In retrospect I should have been more aggressive. I had several legitimate issues including two that compromised safety. My new 2012 has been flawless so far but im only 1000 miles in. If you want more details shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to share my experience.

WoodKnuckle 04-12-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 611574)
details?

I have had multiple issues that have required 4 or more service vists for the same issue. Some of the problems have been with the windshield, suspension, rear window leaking, and rear wiper.

It is a long process. I had made my way up to the regional manager at Jeep and they offered me an extended warranty and to pay for 1 months payment of my truck.

I flat out asked for a 2012 replacement and I would not take anything less.

Jeff_Jeske 04-12-2012 01:58 PM

What was your windshield problem?

WoodKnuckle 04-12-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske (Post 611843)
What was your windshield problem?

I had water marks inside the windshield that would not come off. In the manufacturing process the windshild was etched from some type of water or chemical.

ClemS4 04-12-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodKnuckle (Post 611852)
I had water marks inside the windshield that would not come off. In the manufacturing process the windshild was etched from some type of water or chemical.

I have that exact same issue as well. It only really stands out as I'm cleaining the interior or exterior of the windshield but it makes me crazy. I'm a detailing freak so I even used glass polish thinking it was from sitting in the lot at the dealer prior to purchase but it didn't touch it. Do you happen to know what your build date was?

ClemS4 04-12-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahchanin (Post 611668)
2011 Overland bought back/replaced by Chrysler. Took a very long time for them to agree but when they finally did it was relatively easy and I would even dare say they were cooperative and helpful and in the end gave me more than I asked for .

I believe Chrysler customer service is designed to stall you as long as possible. In retrospect I should have been more aggressive. I had several legitimate issues including two that compromised safety. My new 2012 has been flawless so far but im only 1000 miles in. If you want more details shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to share my experience.

PM sent. Thanks Noah.

WoodKnuckle 04-12-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemS4 (Post 611919)
I have that exact same issue as well. It only really stands out as I'm cleaining the interior or exterior of the windshield but it makes me crazy. I'm a detailing freak so I even used glass polish thinking it was from sitting in the lot at the dealer prior to purchase but it didn't touch it. Do you happen to know what your build date was?

Build date was May 2011. I have had 3 replacements + the factory one. All of them except the final one has had the same issue. It was strange that as they replaced them they got worse and worse.

ClemS4 04-13-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodKnuckle (Post 611934)
Build date was May 2011. I have had 3 replacements + the factory one. All of them except the final one has had the same issue. It was strange that as they replaced them they got worse and worse.

Wow, that is ridiculous. Did they give you any push back when you asked for the first replacement?