Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Quadra-Lift Task Force! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/quadra-lift-task-force-40668.html)

speedtek 04-13-2012 07:58 AM

Quadra-Lift Task Force!

To all with the Quadra-Lift Suspension. I love it and I hate it. I think we should all put are heads togeather and figure a way to have more control of the suspension.

I use to have an Audi Allroad. With the Vag software one was able to to adjust the settings so the car would sit they way you wanted.

Does anyone know if the dealer has this capability? I looked at the ride height sensors. I think new rods could be made to adjust the ride height. It would be nice if there was some info that explained the ratio between sensor movement and ride height. Or for me, if I could set the suspension to default to sport mode that would take care of it.

Any ideas?

Joel

Boba10320 04-13-2012 10:51 AM

Re: Quadra-Lift Task Force!

Joel....that is a great idea. I would like to be able to control mine and not have it resetting all the time back to default.

speedtek 04-13-2012 12:40 PM

Exactly!

6ILES_K 04-14-2012 07:14 AM

i would also like this, or if anyone knows if we can make the lift bigger? possibly bigger airbags or something else?

Wkdiesel56 04-18-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedtek (Post 612223)
I use to have an Audi Allroad. With the Vag software one was able to to adjust the settings so the car would sit they way you wanted.

Does anyone know if the dealer has this capability? I looked at the ride height sensors. I think new rods could be made to adjust the ride height. It would be nice if there was some info that explained the ratio between sensor movement and ride height. Or for me, if I could set the suspension to default to sport mode that would take care of it.

Any ideas?

Joel

Nice to see another former allroader on this board. I used to leave my allroad on Level 1 for the majority of the time and would love to have the suspension start out in sport mode so I don't have to keep turning it on manually, or even just make the traction control light go away. Although admittedly after owning two allroads and a W8 with check engine light always on for one false alarm or another, I almost don't "see" the lights on the dash if you know what I mean. "Hey, how long has that been on?" ;)

Snipe315 04-18-2012 11:25 PM

I'm in!

I'd love to be able to control when my vehicle changes its ride height. :thumbsup:

Marathon mark 04-21-2012 02:21 PM

Imwould LOVE Off road 1 ALL the time

Blazea50 05-01-2012 08:23 AM

anybody know if its possible to bypass the system and have the car fully operational while in PARK MODE?

Yadkin 05-01-2012 08:46 AM

I don't think taking the mechanical route and changing the length of height sensors is the way to go. The system is computer controlled so some software genius must be able to figure this thing out.

Personally I'd like to be able to have it default to Sport mode instead of auto, and not turn the traction control thingy off.

BobT 05-05-2012 08:59 PM

I like the idea of having the option to set Sport mode as the default.

On a related issue, I took my Quadra-drive II Laredo on a rough dirt road. It was by no means 4x4 territory. I could speeds of up to 60kph. I was disappointed at how easily the rear suspension bottomed out on relatively normal pot-holes. I didn't expect this of a premium 4x4. Is this normal for Quadra-drive?

Schweibs 05-06-2012 05:29 AM

BobT The different 4WD systems don't affect how the suspension works, you could be referring to your Quadra Lift air suspension and yes that is softer than the normal suspension set up with steel springs.

Boba10320 05-06-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobT (Post 625215)
I like the idea of having the option to set Sport mode as the default.

On a related issue, I took my Quadra-drive II Laredo on a rough dirt road. It was by no means 4x4 territory. I could speeds of up to 60kph. I was disappointed at how easily the rear suspension bottomed out on relatively normal pot-holes. I didn't expect this of a premium 4x4. Is this normal for Quadra-drive?

I guess you could raise up the height to help with the bottoming out?