Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Sunroof Controls (RESET) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/sunroof-controls-reset-40677.html)

justin1569 04-13-2012 11:13 AM

Sunroof Controls (RESET)

I had a rattle fixed in my headliner yesterday, but the buggers at the dealership did something to my controls. I no longer have automatic buttons. I have to hold the buttons that control the glass/visor in order to open or close it. What gives? Before I'd just press it once and it'd do it automatically. Is this an easy fix? I do not want to go to the dealership again...ughh!!!:confused:

Sparro 04-13-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Sunroof Controls (RESET)

You probably have to. Those guys probably left something unplugged.

moosehead 04-13-2012 01:08 PM

Or, if you are feeling adventuresome, you can pry off the roof console and have a look yourself. If it is a simple unplugged wire, a DIY could work fairly easily. The roof console is attached by 4-6 metal clips.

Edit: Check out this thread with photos of the roof console removal.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...r+detector+wk2

Hope it is an easy no fuss issue, otherwise, seems like the dealer can take care of it for you despite your reluctance with having to return to them.

BobsWK2 04-13-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin1569 (Post 612306)
I had a rattle fixed in my headliner yesterday, but the buggers at the dealership did something to my controls. I no longer have automatic buttons. I have to hold the buttons that control the glass/visor in order to open or close it. What gives? Before I'd just press it once and it'd do it automatically. Is this an easy fix? I do not want to go to the dealership again...ughh!!!:confused:

You probably just need to do a reset on the glass and visor buttons. With ignition in on position, press and hold the open button on the glass for about 5 seconds. Then release and see if it the glass will express open. If so, do the same for the visor. This also works for the power windows.

moosehead 04-13-2012 04:43 PM

^nice tip BW

justin1569 04-13-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 612456)
You probably just need to do a reset on the glass and visor buttons. With ignition in on position, press and hold the open button on the glass for about 5 seconds. Then release and see if it the glass will express open. If so, do the same for the visor. This also works for the power windows.

That worked man...thanks for your help...that was easy...where's the big red button from staples?:)

J13ntv 04-13-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin1569 (Post 612493)
That worked man...thanks for your help...that was easy...where's the big red button from staples?:)

So what did they fix in your headliner, is the rattle eliminated?

AAAA 04-14-2012 11:03 AM

I learn something every day on this forum. Thanks. Into the memory bank in case I need it.

BobsWK2 04-14-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin1569 (Post 612493)

Glad it worked. For future knowledge, if you ever disconnect the battery from the vehicle, you usually will have to reset the windows, sunroof and visor.

justin1569 04-15-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 612581)
So what did they fix in your headliner, is the rattle eliminated?

The rattle is 100% eliminated...here is what they did...

Complaint:

Customer reports rattle from front right corner of headliner near visor and sunroof. Noise heard over any vibration while driving. Worse when sunroof is open. If pressure is applied to headliner, rattle will stop.

Cause:

Performed road test and heart rattle coming from the right front corner. Inspected and found the sunroof module was rattling on the sunroof frame.

They ended up using foam tape and tightening some bolts I believe. Anyways...problem solved. :D

ajs800 04-16-2012 09:03 PM

^^^Thanks for the info...I just started having this identical issue. It is more obvious when open.