Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   tpms? worth it? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/tpms-worth-it-40683.html)

sprbwlstlrs 04-13-2012 12:48 PM

tpms? worth it?

Is it worth getting the tons sensors with new wheels? I gonna do leveling kit also. Save 150$ if I don't add then with order. That pays for the leveling kit

huskyenergy91 04-13-2012 01:32 PM

Re: tpms? worth it?

Always nice to know what your tire pressure is instead of manually do it. But if you dont want them, you dont NEED them.

I dunno, I personally like having them

HOOCH 04-15-2012 07:54 PM

I have them in both sets of my wheels so I never have to worry

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

letsgomets 04-15-2012 10:40 PM

Unless you don't mind that warning light always on in your instrument cluster (what im sure would happen if you removed them), doesn't hurt removing them i guess.

bit50 04-15-2012 11:30 PM

I didn't get them put them in my new wheels and tires. No biggy to me. there is a little chime when you start the car but nothing annoying imo. And the small little yellow light is always on. I don't even notice it anymore.

Dutch 04-18-2012 07:43 PM

I've used TPMS for years as I do a lot of miles on some very rough and stony gravel roads.

From the info from the TPMS I have probably saved shredding at least 6 tyres over the past five years - the TPMS allowed me to get to a punctured tyre before it was completely deflated.

Although such puncture incidences are less common on tarmac, I think TPMS is a good investment and one saved tyre pays for the cost.

rangersplash85 04-18-2012 08:00 PM

You can find them on a certain auction site for around $65 for all four. Without them you'll get the tpms warning light all the time.

Dollar 04-19-2012 03:57 PM

Quick question. Are the TPMS sensors calibrated to the ECU? For example, I have a Nissan and I can't just swap wheels with different sensors without reflashing the system to monitor the sensors currently on the vehicle. That's why we either put the TPMS on the new wheels or go without TPMS.

Is this not the case with the Jeep GC? Does anyone have two sets of wheels that can chime in? Thanks and sorry for the slight thread jack.

kc92886 05-02-2012 02:38 PM

The TPMS are great if you do a decent amount of off roading. Especially if you will need to air down/up for soft sand. Where I live in Southern California there have been numerous times when I've had to air down on a trail with a lot of soft sand and then needed to air up once we returned to the highway. The TPMS make it super easy to air down and up again because all you have to do is look at the EVIC to know your pressures. As opposed to using a manual tire pressure guage for each tire. Probably saves you at least a few minutes which means more time to drink beer once you get back to camp :)