Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Nav oz JGC Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/nav-oz-jgc-limited-40724.html)

hoozdman 04-14-2012 09:57 AM

Nav oz JGC Limited

If this is in the wrong section mods please move, I know it's a nav Q but its specifically about an export Jeep.

I test drove a JGC Limited today and was told there was no standard nav setup and it could be purchased as part of the power tailgate package.

My Q: is there a work around this?
Do I just buy a portable nav?
Do I get an aftermarket double din from somewhere so it's all integrated?

I'd like some advice on what others have done including links to what products you recommend please.

Thanks,
Hooz

Mendo 04-14-2012 12:54 PM

Re: Nav oz JGC Limited

I thought NAV was standard on the limited. You get the 731 mygig radio I thought it was a 731n? Are they just trying to sell you the power liftgate using nav as the clincher?

Then again do you really want the integrated nav? Check out threads in the export section regarding the nav. It seems it's functionality, look and feel leave a lot to be desired.

savvas 04-14-2012 06:40 PM

NAV is listed as an accessory at the back of the accessory catalog. Therefore the dealer should be able to fit it afterwards and it doesnt need to be fitted by the factory. According to e-store on mopar.com.au it's $2500. In the latest Jeep Buyer's Guide (Feb 2012), NAV isnt standard in any of the levels, including Overland. To be factory fitted It must be ordered as part of Luxury Group II.

These days, that's a dumb move by Jeep. Especially when you're paying a premium for the Limited and Overland.

I'll be looking to get either a VMS4x4 700HD or Hema Navigator portable unit later. I thought about the double-din VMS4x4 unit for Jeeps (http://www.vms4x4.com/product-in_das...ring_7574_jeep), but it's also around $2500 and I dont want to lose the hard disk in the standard multi-media centre.

Map updates on the aftermarket nav's are way cheaper than the factory units too.

hoozdman 04-14-2012 07:55 PM

Thanks for the info.
I was surprised a 60k car with a reasonable AV system didn't have this as a standard feature, when it has reverse cam and parking sensors etc which are an add on for most vehicles.

Hooz

floodymk2 04-15-2012 01:39 AM

Nav is included on Overland.:)

Cheers
Ian

savvas 04-15-2012 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by floodymk2 (Post 613123)
Nav is included on Overland.:)

Cheers
Ian

Dont know if that's still true, or if Jeep Aus has screwed up a brochure again. Here's a scan of the 2012 GC Buyer's guide. Bottom right shows a "P" for the 731N under the Overland meaning it's part of a package.

I do actually suspect this is an error though.

floodymk2 04-16-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvas (Post 613179)
Dont know if that's still true, or if Jeep Aus has screwed up a brochure again. Here's a scan of the 2012 GC Buyer's guide. Bottom right shows a "P" for the 731N under the Overland meaning it's part of a package.

I do actually suspect this is an error though.

On the Jeep Aus site still has 730n with nav as standard on Overland. On the brochure it states an option for 731n for Overlander. So Overlander is behind other models.(no media centre )

Ian

pwyss 04-16-2012 06:13 AM

jeep.com.au says it is included with Overland but not Limited.
And as expected my 2012 Overland which I picked up last Wednesday has the navigation included.

After reading about the issues with navigation I was pleasantly surprised to find that the 731 unit works well and, at least in the Sydney area, seems to be accurate and up to date.

floodymk2 04-16-2012 06:43 AM

Good to hear .
My Overland is due in mid June.

savvas 04-16-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floodymk2 (Post 613666)
On the Jeep Aus site still has 730n with nav as standard on Overland. On the brochure it states an option for 731n for Overlander. So Overlander is behind other models.(no media centre )

Ian

They've stuffed up the brochure. The Luxury Pack II belongs to the Limited, not the Overland.