Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Trading the 11 for a 12 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/trading-the-11-for-a-12-a-40733.html)

jp467 04-14-2012 12:44 PM

Trading the 11 for a 12

I am trading in my 11 Overland for a 2012. I got what I thought was a good trade in and I am going from the the Hemi to the Pentastar. The new one has the the adaptive cruise control which the old one does not. The new one is black with the frost interior. These are not easy to come by almost everything out there has the black interior. I am getting one that was just built a few weeks ago which I am happy about I really didn't want one that had been sitting around for months. So I am picking it up early next week.

duce95 04-14-2012 12:55 PM

Congrats

Gearhead 04-14-2012 01:11 PM

Re: Trading the 11 for a 12

Good luck with your purchase. I hope you've spent a lot of time driving the Pentastar. Great engine, smooth but sluggish economy-minded transmission. Big, big difference. Not too noticeable on flat terrain but I live on a mountain and it's just fortunate I can select sport mode which makes a difference but still...

I think about going to the Hemi almost every day. Just holding out for the 8 speed, possibly the CRD.

jgc4ever 04-14-2012 01:21 PM

I have a brilliant black '12 Overland with frost beige interior. I had to have the V8, but didn't need adaptive cruise. Overland in that color combo is the best choice there is! My dealer had to get it from 550 miles away back in October.

jbeans 04-15-2012 06:18 AM

I have a 2011 Overland with adaptive cruise control. It's great! I drove up to Orlando and back down to Miami last week and I almost felt like I wasnt really driving. The control brakes And accelerates by itself. Just set the speed and distance from car infront and hold on to the wheel. I felt like taking out the morning newspaper lol

JTS97Z28 04-15-2012 07:29 AM

Congrats on the purchase! I think you will be happy with the 12 V6! Someone stated above that it feels sluggish because the tranny which is kind of true, but mainly in auto setting. In a way though I like that for days were I just want to sit back and cruise and know im probably getting as good of fuel economy that it can. If you select sport mode it really does change the driving experience.
As for adaptive cruise that was also a must have on my 2012. LOVE it!! I have literally set the cruise prior to getting on a highway and never touched a pedal again the entire trip, its amazing!! I use adaptive cruise daily on all kinds of roads. I think you will really enjoy the slightly improved fuel economy and the ability to use 87 octane.

Jdsmitty10 04-15-2012 07:45 AM

I woulda waited for a 13 at this point. Congrats tho! I like my 12 v6