Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/moab-wheels-on-my-wk2-255-75-17-photos-40787.html)

Adanac Jeep 04-15-2012 05:35 PM

Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Well, it took a month before we started modding my wife's new Grand.

Takeoffs from a Rubicon -- Moab wheels with 255/75/17's.

No spacers and no scrubbing on level ground. Time will tell if/where they rub when the suspension flexes.

I like it... a lot.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...pWheels023.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...pWheels028.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...pWheels026.jpg

new2jeeps 04-16-2012 05:46 AM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adanac Jeep (Post 613406)
Well, it took a month before we started modding my wife's new Grand.

Takeoffs from a Rubicon -- Moab wheels with 255/75/17's.

No spacers and no scrubbing on level ground. Time will tell if/where they rub when the suspension flexes.

I like it... a lot.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...pWheels023.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...pWheels028.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...pWheels026.jpg

Looks good I like the way the wheel fills the wheels well. Congrats!!

markp99 04-16-2012 07:14 AM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Looks very good! Any struggles deciding to keep the white sides in or out??

Oh, You ought to get that bumper checked out though! ;)

Adanac Jeep 04-16-2012 07:25 AM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by new2jeeps (Post 613665)
Looks good I like the way the wheel fills the wheels well. Congrats!!

Thanks!

It really looks like that is the way it should have come from the factory.

Adanac Jeep 04-16-2012 07:28 AM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp99 (Post 613687)
Looks very good! Any struggles deciding to keep the white sides in or out??

Oh, You ought to get that bumper checked out though! ;)

No struggles on the white letters... that's the way my wife wanted them :)

Custom bumper

Cherodude 04-16-2012 12:19 PM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
The Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors look great too. The tire that should come on the GC (or at least be an option).

Adanac Jeep 04-16-2012 05:10 PM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
When these wear out, I'll likely put a set of BFG All Terrains on. The set on our '04 have been great.

JeepGuy026 04-16-2012 09:17 PM

Looks great!

JeepGuy026 04-16-2012 09:19 PM

Is your jeep a v6?

Jokester 04-16-2012 11:40 PM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Do you feel any difference when accelerating? How much is the MPG drop? Thx.

Adanac Jeep 04-17-2012 07:43 AM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGuy026 (Post 614096)
Looks great!

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGuy026 (Post 614098)
Is your jeep a v6?

Laredo E (3.6)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokester (Post 614176)
Do you feel any difference when accelerating? How much is the MPG drop? Thx.

The tires are about 5.5% larger (30.4" vs 32.1") so there is a little loss in gearing, but hardly noticeable. In a gearing comparison (axle ratio), it would be like swapping out the 3.06's for 2.90's... not too much of a difference.

I haven't checked the mileage yet, but am guessing that it will drop by a couple percent around town. I don't think the highway mileage will suffer at all.

Marathon mark 04-19-2012 06:58 PM

Re: Moab Wheels on my WK2 - 255/75/17 - Photos
 
Wonder is bfg 255/75/17 MTs will fit without issue?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community