Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Rough Country 2" lift. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/rough-country-2-lift-41033.html)

jreynolds 04-20-2012 09:27 PM

Rough Country 2" lift.

Well I finally decided to do what I should have done a year ago. I bought the lift and I decided to stick with my 245 tires due to this being my everyday driver. I was going to ask, how much more articulation will I get with quick disconnects? Thank you guys.

JeepCoop 04-20-2012 10:00 PM

Nice, congrats but where the pics?!? Haha

You'll get a lot more articulation when disco'd that's for sure!!

jreynolds 04-21-2012 09:36 AM

Re: Rough Country 2" lift.

The lift should be coming in Monday. I have a pic of some stock flex I am going to be putting up soon. My brother has a buddy working on his Sami that might possibly install the kit for me Tues or Wed for near free.

jreynolds 04-21-2012 09:59 AM

This was a good fishing trip!

dsjr2006 06-13-2012 04:01 PM

Ever get those pics?

antsjeep 06-13-2012 04:12 PM

Its not going to look right on stock tires. In person it looks very awkward, like something is missing.

I hear you about it being a daily driver and all... I commute 25 miles round trip everyday, all highway. I only noticed 2mpg loss tops on the highway, which to me is not worth worrying about.

Here is my Jeep on stock rubber (pre Moabs):

http://i47.tinypic.com/d6t15.jpg

After with 265/70/17's:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2w7oe3t.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/711v6u.jpg

Not the best pictures, but you get the idea :D

ochoa1801 06-13-2012 04:42 PM

Look very nice

tfranzone 06-15-2012 12:29 PM

@Antsjeep Did you need the spacers to avoid rubbing with 265/70s and the Rough Country BB?
I'm doing the BB as well and getting 265/70 Cooper Discoverers... and I'm hoping I can go without wheel spacers so its not more $.. could i just trim the bolt? or is that a bad idea? how much more will the spacers run me?
BTW, this is my everyday vehicle.. 80 miles a day highway m-f. casual driving/woods on weekends.

antsjeep 06-18-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfranzone (Post 643688)
@Antsjeep Did you need the spacers to avoid rubbing with 265/70s and the Rough Country BB?
I'm doing the BB as well and getting 265/70 Cooper Discoverers... and I'm hoping I can go without wheel spacers so its not more $.. could i just trim the bolt? or is that a bad idea? how much more will the spacers run me?
BTW, this is my everyday vehicle.. 80 miles a day highway m-f. casual driving/woods on weekends.

I never tried them on my jeep without wheel spacers. I had wheel spacers long before i installed my lift and larger tires. Just going by looks, that bolt would be too close for comfort for me. Plus i like the look of a wider stance and having the tires flush with the fender wells. My brother recently got spacers for his '06 and they cost him $125 shipped.

I would NOT trim that bolt. You need that portion intact when doing your lift. Other will say no you don't, but i honestly don't see how it could be done if that piece was cut off.

tfranzone 06-18-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antsjeep (Post 644613)
I never tried them on my jeep without wheel spacers. I had wheel spacers long before i installed my lift and larger tires. Just going by looks, that bolt would be too close for comfort for me. Plus i like the look of a wider stance and having the tires flush with the fender wells. My brother recently got spacers for his '06 and they cost him $125 shipped.

I would NOT trim that bolt. You need that portion intact when doing your lift. Other will say no you don't, but i honestly don't see how it could be done if that piece was cut off.

Thanks for the advice.. I'm going with the 2" BB lift.. most likely RoughCountry's.. I got 4 of the CooperDiscoverers 265/70/17..and I guess I will be adding 1.25" wheel spacers this way I will avoid the rubbing and have a wider stance like you mentioned.. I hope the wheels dont come too far out from the fenders as I really don't like that look. But yours seems to be good and its basically the exact look I'm going for...

forgive this potentially dumb question, but will I need a set of 4 spacers? or just 2 for up front? Also, will I need anything else with this? My car is in the shop now and they are gonna hopefully have it all done for me by Friday for a camping trip I'm taking...but am I all set with the 2"RoughCountry lift, my 4 tires and the wheel spacers? I don't need anything else, like a leveling kit or anything right? I'm getting strapped for time and cash now at this point. Thanks.

antsjeep 06-19-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfranzone (Post 644782)
Thanks for the advice...

forgive this potentially dumb question, but will I need a set of 4 spacers? or just 2 for up front? Also, will I need anything else with this? My car is in the shop now and they are gonna hopefully have it all done for me by Friday for a camping trip I'm taking...but am I all set with the 2"RoughCountry lift, my 4 tires and the wheel spacers? I don't need anything else, like a leveling kit or anything right? I'm getting strapped for time and cash now at this point. Thanks.

Not a dumb question... but yes you will need x4 wheel spacers. I believe they are only sold in a set of 4.

You should be all set with everything else :thumbsup:

ochoa1801 06-19-2012 09:55 AM

I think the set is two spacer in Spidertrax