Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Speeding Ticket (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/speeding-ticket-41035.html)

neilattack 04-20-2012 09:56 PM

Speeding Ticket
 
I haven't been pulled over for anything in over ten years and today I got my first ticket in the WK2 :(

Speeding on the freeway allegedly doing 86. I have only had my WK2 for a month! This has to be a record. Oh well..time to invest in a Valentine One!

downstate 04-20-2012 10:02 PM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
86 is moving, speed limit 70 I'm guessing? cruise control at 72 :)

or just move with the flow but stay out of the passing lane, ad I'm sure you know since you have been driving for 10+ years.

bummer.

jgc4ever 04-20-2012 10:11 PM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
You must have the Hemi. I'm going to need to watch my speeds, I live in the left lane.

letsgomets 04-20-2012 11:19 PM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
I used to live in SoCal and 86 was pretty much the flow of traffic on the freeways...was it in a construction zone or something?

JTS97Z28 04-20-2012 11:26 PM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 616685)
You must have the Hemi. I'm going to need to watch my speeds, I live in the left lane.

Why invest in a valentine one? Now your speeding ticket just got very expensive!! Not only do you have to pay the ticket fines, but now your gonna spend a few hundred on a radar detector ;-)

Save yourself the money and don't bother with those things. I will say though the Jeep is very smooth and incredibly quiet on the inside so it doesn't really feel like your going those speeds sometimes.

jgc4ever 04-21-2012 12:00 AM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 616718)
Why invest in a valentine one? Now your speeding ticket just got very expensive!! Not only do you have to pay the ticket fines, but now your gonna spend a few hundred on a radar detector ;-)

Save yourself the money and don't bother with those things. I will say though the Jeep is very smooth and incredibly quiet on the inside so it doesn't really feel like your going those speeds sometimes.

I think you meant to quote the original poster, not me. I have no interest in a radar detector.

WoodyCanuck 04-21-2012 12:23 AM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
Sorry to hear about the ticket. Can I ask what you have to pay down there for doing 86 in a (was it 60 or 70 zone)?

Its been so long since I got a speeding ticket. (touch wood)
I am really careful, plus I've been driving a Chrysler Pacifica for 6 years - not really a highway racer.
The Hemi GC is very nice on the highway. In Ontario and Quebec I set the cruise on 70 to 75, which is the average highway speed.
And I resist the urge to catch up when others pass me doing 80 - 85.
I'd rather THEY get the ticket, not me.

I'm hoping my luck holds in May. I'm driving to Baltimore, MD, and was planning on driving similarly.

rangersgiants 04-21-2012 01:21 AM

I have a v1. They do nothing beneficial 95% of the time. Most police turn on the radar at the last second giving you no time to react. It has worked for me a few times when they leave on the gun when hiding in the woods. Typical on the NY thruway and the NJ parkway. Only got one ticket for speeding in a work zone. Gave me a break with a 1-5mph ticket when I was going well over 35 over.

08Hemi 04-21-2012 03:07 AM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
I have a redline and it saves my a$$ all the time...3x on the way to the desert tonight (101, 134, 210 and 10 freeways) and I will NEVER drive without my radar detector. If you know the warning signs it helps a lot...I do a double left tap on the shifter into 4th to brake the rig without using the pedal...braking when it goes off is a tell tale sign to po po you have a detector...sorry to hear about the ticket, def sucks

2012 Summit 04-21-2012 06:21 AM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
I was awarded a speeding ticket the first week of JGC ownership by a State Trooper in VA on my way to Camp Lejeune. The trooper said I was going 88 in a 70 MPH zone. I swear it felt like I was doing about 65. The Jeep is so much quieter than my 97 Hummer with the 6.5TD. I never even came close to getting a speeding ticket the past 15 years in my Hummer.

bmrisko 04-21-2012 07:12 AM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 616759)
I have a redline and it saves my a$$ all the time...3x on the way to the desert tonight (101, 134, 210 and 10 freeways) and I will NEVER drive without my radar detector. If you know the warning signs it helps a lot...I do a double left tap on the shifter into 4th to brake the rig without using the pedal...braking when it goes off is a tell tale sign to po po you have a detector...sorry to hear about the ticket, def sucks

x2...the Redline continues to impress me with its detection distance!

padgett 04-21-2012 08:12 AM

Re: Speeding Ticket
 
Be interesting to see what would happen if part of a ticket defense was that the speedo could not be easily read... (probably not a good idea, best ask a lawyer).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community