Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/chrome-mirrors-and-door-handles-41048.html)

GBJeep 04-21-2012 09:14 AM

Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles

Purchased a set of these on line which are the plastic chrome covers they look ok but I'm not real impressed with the fit. Has anybody out there tried these?

jgc4ever 04-21-2012 09:24 AM

Re: Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles

What color is your grand cherokee? I'm looking for new brilliant black mirror covers off of a Laredo. Thanks.

GBJeep 04-21-2012 10:35 AM

My Jeep is Bright Silver Metalic. But I didn't replace my covers these were applied over the top of the existing covers. I'm thinking about just ordering the replacement covers instead.

rustyosaurus 04-21-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 616804)
What color is your grand cherokee? I'm looking for new brilliant black mirror covers off of a Laredo. Thanks.

JGC4EVER you should just buy the laredo mirrors and be done with it. it makes me so happy to look at my BB mirrors now instead of the chrome.

Justal13 04-21-2012 10:59 AM

I do not like the after-market overlay style handle and mirror covers. Most are below-par fit and tend to stick out. Even with the 3M tape on the back, crap gets under them and sometimes they will come off (particularly the door handles).

If you are serious about chrome, I would get the OEM replacement mirror covers and handles. More expensive and complicated to install, but a superior product for a $40K vehicle.

Next time, I might more seriously consider a Limited Model. Already looking forward to the refreshened 2014 with the 8-speed transmission
and next-generation media center with the 8" screen.

GBJeep 04-21-2012 01:31 PM

Thanks Justal13 for the info. The longer I look at these I think they are coming off my jeep and being returned. I had looked at other options on line before i bought these, but now I'll get the OEM parts- Thanks

fugawi 04-22-2012 12:44 AM

Where are you located? I have a new Bright Silver Limited and prefer the body color mirrors and door handles.

GBJeep 04-22-2012 10:57 AM

I have decided for now just to remove the chrome covers and leave the painted door handles and mirrors as they are. It was a good idea while it lasted......

rustyosaurus 04-26-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBJeep (Post 617194)
I have decided for now just to remove the chrome covers and leave the painted door handles and mirrors as they are. It was a good idea while it lasted......

hey, i'll sell you my overland chrome door handles and mirror caps if you're interested. let me know.

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-27-2012 11:52 AM

Paint > chrome

letsgomets 04-28-2012 12:09 AM

I have the chrome replacement mirror covers (not the sticky ones) and they fit fine, wasnt that difficult to replace and look great (if youre a chrome guy). I also bought the "chrome" door handle covers (these are the sticky ones) and I am 50/50 on them. You can't tell they are sticky ones from a distance but up close you can totally tell. I am a chrome guy and the handle covers are fine for now (im sure they will start wearing). At that time ill probably take them off and stick with body color (brilliant black).

Snipe315 05-03-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justal13 (Post 616833)
If you are serious about chrome, I would get the OEM replacement mirror covers and handles. More expensive and complicated to install, but a superior product for a $40K vehicle.

I have an Overland with Chrom and would LOVE to replace the chrome side mirror covers with color matched ones (Mineral Grey).

Do you happen to know the part numbers for color matched covers so I can order a pair?!?