Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   TSB for 730N (RHR) in 2-5 weeks (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/tsb-for-730n-rhr-in-2-5-weeks-41188.html)

Lingohocken 04-24-2012 01:54 PM

TSB for 730N (RHR) in 2-5 weeks

We've been scheduled to get yet another refurb 730N media center because satellite presets continue to disappear on ours, even though it has firmware v2.120.

However, our dealer called today after speaking with Chrysler. They won't be sending the radio after all because they (Jeep) insist they will be releasing a TSB with a "software solution" specifically covering disappearing satellite presets on the 730N. ETA not yet nailed down, but they're currently estimating 2-5 weeks.

No further details, but it would seem that this would be either a dealer-installed patch to v2.120 or elsewhere in the Jeep system, or a new firmware version altogether. As we've heard nothing about this from Sox and his contacts at Harmon Becker, which issues firmware updates, odds are it'll be a Jeep-centric patch unless Harmon Becker issues new 730N firmware very shortly. (Harmon Becker issues new firmware weeks before Jeep gets around to making it available.) However, if it is new firmware there is reason to believe it will have a number of fixes and enhancements.

I'll believe this when I see it through the mists and vapor . . . and whether it actually does what it's supposed to!:rolleyes:

77Cherokee 04-24-2012 05:40 PM

Re: TSB for 730N (RHR) in 2-5 weeks

Thanks for the update. We'll be watching for it. :brows:

Milous 04-24-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 618361)
We've been scheduled to get yet another refurb 730N media center because satellite presets continue to disappear on ours, even though it has firmware v2.120.

Is it just the sat presets disappearing and not the radio presets? Even after being saved via door memory buttons?

BuckeyeSRT 04-24-2012 07:45 PM

That is good news
My favorites (green star) all get erased as soon as I shut the car off

RKlimas 04-24-2012 07:59 PM

My memory #2 loses only the SAT presets, not the radio. Memory #1 is okay. I have v.2.12

mot250 04-24-2012 08:30 PM

Weirder still as that when my driver 2 sat presets disappear, it is only after my wife drives it using driver 1. I was thinking she was messing up.

And while the sat preset stations are gone, when I page through all of the sat stations, I can see the old preset numbers I had assigned.

My favorite songs and artists remain active even though the sat preset stations are gone

Lingohocken 04-24-2012 11:29 PM

Beaucoup discussion on this issue in other threads over the past year or more. Bottom line, most of the time the satellite (not AM/FM/nav/etc) presets disappear it is related to back and forth with driver 1/2 settings (driver's seat, side mirrors and so on). If your WK2 doesn't have this feature, you likely will not have been having a problem with vanishing satellite presets.

For many, firmware version 2.120 resolved the problem. Others have not been so fortunate, so hopefully we'll all be satisfied before long with the supposedly forthcoming TSB.

Hope and change, we'll see.:lol:

Jdsmitty10 04-25-2012 07:02 AM

i lost mine a couple times after my wife used her driver settings.. i just pressed my driver setting number a second time and they reappear...