Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Annoying doors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/annoying-doors-41249.html)

Jdsmitty10 04-25-2012 08:26 PM

Annoying doors

Does anyone else get annoyed by the doors? First I have to slam them pretty hard to close them. 2nd the stopping point is either too far open or not far enough.

SMG1 04-25-2012 08:32 PM

Re: Annoying doors

Yeah, I hear ya. I feel like I either have to swing the door off the hinges to keep it open, or hope it doesn't try to close on me and crack my spine in half.

nek121328 04-25-2012 08:35 PM

Mine doesn't like to stay open.

Jdsmitty10 04-25-2012 08:36 PM

Ya like in my garage I either have to squeeze in to the first stop to get my kids out or let te door rest against my wall which ain't gonna happen. Plus in parking lots I don't want to be causing door dings but damn the way these doors are set up I feel I will be that ahole.. And as far as slamming them. My toyota is doo smooth and closes.. Not the jeep. Gotta slam it pretty hard comparing

jp467 04-25-2012 09:24 PM

I know what your talking about as far having to close them hard sometimes. I don't know if jeep changed something on the 12's but I do have to close the doors harder on that than I did on my 2011.

Aiyer 04-25-2012 10:06 PM

Agree with most here. When I got the Jeep, I was surprised I had to close the door hard to get it completely closed. I am used to lightly closing doors on all my vehicles.

Whoever designed it over at Jeep was super thin but extremely strong. ;)

olamaca 04-25-2012 11:08 PM

Both my 12 and 9 year old boys use one hand to close the doors on our 2011 JGC and the doors close just fine in ours. Also keep in mind that because the doors are so heavy it's actually nice that it doesn't fling too wide when you open it to get in or out. Th is especially true if you have kids who have a habit of flinging the door open when getting out.

eibyer 04-25-2012 11:26 PM

Wife and kid complained about it today. Boy said he was told not to slam the door but this one was different LOL.

LaRADo 04-25-2012 11:43 PM

My doors close fine, but actually too easily... The intermediate catch on the door usually doesn't catch and the next one/only other one is when the door is almost 90 degrees open and out of reach of my long arms... not sure the thought process on this one... I typically open the door to 60-70degrees, it doesn't catch and stay open and instead of catching on the intermediate spot like every other door I've ever opened just keeps going and closes or hits me...

SW03ES 04-26-2012 12:25 AM

I don't have any issues with having to close the door hard to get into close, and I come from many years of driving Toyota/Lexus vehicles...

americanbulldog 04-26-2012 03:04 AM

The door catches take some getting used to as to where they will hold, they are different than any other car I've ever owned. I personally like that the door swings wide open, it makes getting my fat behind in and out alot easier. Also it is an off road capable vehicle, you're gonna want the door to swing wide open if you ever have to get out of it on a slope or if it's laying on it's side :rolleyes:

Jdsmitty10 04-26-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 619353)
I don't have any issues with having to close the door hard to get into close, and I come from many years of driving Toyota/Lexus vehicles...

Really? I have to slam my jeep doors compared to my Toyota Tacoma doors big time. Even my wife. Sad the same and I am one to correct her for slamming my Toyota doors when they dont need slammed hahah. Really closing the doors isn't my big issue. It's the lack of a 75% open.. Seems like all 100% open or only 50%ish open.. Really a pain for strapping/unstrapping kids... I know I know I shoulda bought a minivan hahah. That wasnt gonna happen hahah