Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Quadra Lift and Selec Terrain Malfunction? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/quadra-lift-and-selec-terrain-malfunction-41293.html)

sypeck 04-26-2012 07:55 PM

Quadra Lift and Selec Terrain Malfunction?

Hello New here and new to my 2012 overland Hemi

? Twice now i go into the jeep to notice it was sitting higher then normal
the second ride height button was illuminated selec terrain is in auto mode and i have only been driving on pavement...could this be malfunction? If this has been addressed already..sorry

Ken Jacobs 04-26-2012 08:26 PM

Re: Quadra Lift and Selec Terrain Malfunction?

I have had this happen twice in the last year, with no apparent cause.

bernie67 04-26-2012 09:52 PM

It happened to me but then I realized that I inadvertently pushed the up button.

wjs81866 04-26-2012 10:04 PM

the button is very easy to touch while sitting with just your finger just lightly

sypeck 04-27-2012 10:11 AM

YA maybe I'm pushing the button by accident...Ill keep an eye o it also what is everyone driving around in auto mode or something else?

ColinIllinois 04-27-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sypeck (Post 620142)
YA maybe I'm pushing the button by accident...Ill keep an eye o it also what is everyone driving around in auto mode or something else?

Sport mode is a lot of fun to drive in.

Charlienmr 04-27-2012 12:31 PM

sport on dry roads. But I live in Oregon so auto a lot of the time.

kxc223 04-27-2012 07:46 PM

It's happened to me twice. The first time it happened the Jeep was only a week old and had been parked for 48 hours. I came out to find it raised to it's full height but it has not happened since. Last week I stopped at the bank on the way home and as I drove out of town the "speed warning" message came up in the EVIC. I looked down and the second light was on. Now I could have inadvertently hit the button getting in or out but I doubt it as I have never done it in the last 8 months of ownership.
I'm just going to keep an eye on it for now but it was a little strange.

sypeck 04-28-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kxc223 (Post 620437)
It's happened to me twice. The first time it happened the Jeep was only a week old and had been parked for 48 hours. I came out to find it raised to it's full height but it has not happened since. Last week I stopped at the bank on the way home and as I drove out of town the "speed warning" message came up in the EVIC. I looked down and the second light was on. Now I could have inadvertently hit the button getting in or out but I doubt it as I have never done it in the last 8 months of ownership.
I'm just going to keep an eye on it for now but it was a little strange.

Wouldnt the auto setting of lowered the jeep when it reached the unsafe speed?

kxc223 04-28-2012 02:57 PM

Yes that's what happened. I was just surprised to see the EVIC message come on saying "to maintain current height reduce speed" as I was in Auto Mode and I hadn't raised the height;at least on purpose. I remember reading that the system will sometimes raise to try to level the vehicle if it's parked on a slope but I had parked on a level street. I didn't notice when I got back into the Jeep that it was any higher than when I got out so I don't know if it raised while it was parked or while I drove several blocks to the Hwy.
It was just a strange occurence and I will keep a closer eye on it to see if it happens again. I'm hoping it was just a "glitch" and won't happen again. As I said the Jeep raised itself to full height while parked not long after I brought it home but it has never done it since then.

77Cherokee 04-28-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kxc223 (Post 620437)
Now I could have inadvertently hit the button getting in or out but I doubt it as I have never done it in the last 8 months of ownership.

It will not raise or lower while the door is open.