Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   New Overland CRD - SatNav Does Not See Any Satellites ... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/new-overland-crd-satnav-does-not-see-any-satellites-41309.html)

bbinc 04-27-2012 09:06 AM

New Overland CRD - SatNav Does Not See Any Satellites ...

Picked up my new overland today - great so far except that still after driving around for 3 hours (1 hr with new upgraded 2.120 software from SOX) it hasn't yet locked on to any satellites. Set for Australia.

Should I wait longer or do something like disconnect the battery (don't know if this affects anything else leading to more inconvenience) ?

GlennR 04-27-2012 09:42 AM

Re: New Overland CRD - SatNav Does Not See Any Satellites ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbinc (Post 620108)
Picked up my new overland today - great so far except that still after driving around for 3 hours (1 hr with new upgraded 2.120 software from SOX) it hasn't yet locked on to any satellites. Set for Australia.

Should I wait longer or do something like disconnect the battery (don't know if this affects anything else leading to more inconvenience) ?

If you do a search on WK2 Down Under, you'l find a discussion on the same topic. I think the solution is to (A)give it a few hours to try and track the minimum three/four satellites, and if that doesn't work, (B) ask the dealer to reposition the antenna located under the dash.

bbinc 04-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 620133)
If you do a search on WK2 Down Under, you'l find a discussion on the same topic. I think the solution is to (A)give it a few hours to try and track the minimum three/four satellites, and if that doesn't work, (B) ask the dealer to reposition the antenna located under the dash.

Thanks - i hope its the same simple problem - its just that I have still yet to see a map of anything show up or a position readout (others seem to have least got something sometime even if it was wrong)

savvas 04-27-2012 05:29 PM

Atmospheric conditions can also affect GPS in general. If there happens to be a lot of moisture in the atmosphere, then it can delay acquisition of satellites. Especially if it's travelled halfway around the world since the last time it found one.

What has SA been like lately?

just4fun 04-28-2012 02:59 AM

I am in SA at the moment and have had no issues, with the weather being cloudy and wet whilst traveling.

bbinc 04-28-2012 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My dealer couldn't help me over the phone and I'd like to avoid driving back there for this.

Odd thing is that my "nav database info" screen does not list my car's VIN - its blank as per picture attached - can anyone confirm that their car's VIN no. shows up in this screen for them.

ENFORCER 04-28-2012 08:38 PM

Mine has the VIN, I would try to disconnect the battery for 10mins and see what happens.
A Reboot tends to fix things.

bbinc 04-28-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 620932)
Mine has the VIN, I would try to disconnect the battery for 10mins and see what happens.
A Reboot tends to fix things.

thanks for looking. I suspect you are right - but i was told to not disconnect the battery by the dealer and i don't want to risk voiding my warranty somehow - so i guess i might have to make a special trip back or wait for 1st service.

pwyss 04-28-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbinc (Post 620576)
My dealer couldn't help me over the phone and I'd like to avoid driving back there for this.

Odd thing is that my "nav database info" screen does not list my car's VIN - its blank as per picture attached - can anyone confirm that their car's VIN no. shows up in this screen for them.

No VIN either on my 2 weeks old Overland but navigation works fine.

ENFORCER 04-29-2012 02:45 AM

I am sorry guys, Mine DOES NOT have the VIN. It is on the Radio part, but not the Nav part.

Deserthucker 05-03-2012 07:52 AM

Enforcer mine has the VIN in the nav database. Remember you pointed it out to mask the VIN!

ENFORCER 05-03-2012 06:23 PM

That was a different screen. My Nav DB screen does not have the VIN, but the Info screen for the whole unit does.