Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/urgent-oil-change-in-wk2-srt8-41364.html)

EviL 04-28-2012 02:20 AM

-urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
Dear all,

i have reached 5000 km's and the agency is recommending i change oil

but my father is insisting that it should reach 10,000 km's before changing oil in this car.

the agency uses mopar synthetic oil

and it is recommended for high performance engines.

which should i go with the 5k or the 10k?

Milous 04-28-2012 02:24 AM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
For the first oil change I'd definitely recommend 5000 km.

Milous 04-28-2012 02:25 AM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
P.S. Make sure they use 0W-40.

EviL 04-28-2012 02:56 AM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
thanks milious for the swift response

agency just told me that the engine oil they are using for those engines is

the 5w-40 mopar synthetic oil.

is there any consequences?

all gulf specs in uae already performed the 5k service as schedule.

i have chose the other schedule line. which is to change each 10k but perform a check up each 5k.

that is an option available in the agency.

ur thoughts pls

remmy 04-28-2012 09:17 AM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
Ditto on the 5km. Thats when the internals of the engine are shaving off the most metal. Get a magnetic drain plug too.

In fact, anytime Ive had an engine redone or had a new engine, id use regular non-synthetic oil for the engines first cycle. After the first change I always switch to Mobil 1 full synth. I also use the factory recommended weight as damage could occur to my 5.7 and its mds after awhile. Some say "meh, not really a big deal" but I dont like to take risks.

Mr GCSRT8 04-28-2012 10:24 AM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
All 2012 SRT's REQUIRE 0W40 Full Synthetic oil. No Exceptions

transam 04-28-2012 03:02 PM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 620558)
thanks milious for the swift response

agency just told me that the engine oil they are using for those engines is

the 5w-40 mopar synthetic oil.

is there any consequences?

http://www.jeepgarage.org/picture.ph...pictureid=1652

EviL 04-28-2012 11:08 PM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
guys, i dont like to intervine in your experience, but i had a talk with the mechanic over there and he stated that Jeep for the middle east as well as any other SRT model has to use the 5w-40 since it is supporting our country weather, i dont know wether this is true or not. but if so, 0w-40 is the oil that can still support vehicle at freezing points.

still out of clue u guys.

he also said that if i want i can have my first oil change at 10k kilos = 6k miles?

but i would have to come for check ups at each 5k kilos

guys am kinda lost and my car is at the agency doing some warranty work, it should finish up by today, so answers pls.

Milous 04-29-2012 12:42 AM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 620996)
he also said that if i want i can have my first oil change at 10k kilos = 6k miles?

but i would have to come for check ups at each 5k kilos

guys am kinda lost and my car is at the agency doing some warranty work, it should finish up by today, so answers pls.

I don't think you will have any issues at all using 5w-40, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not sure I understand what your dealer is telling you - it's YOUR choice as to when and how often you want to have the oil changed. What are the 5 kilo return checkups for exactly? If this is something they want to charge you for, that is unacceptable.

EviL 04-29-2012 02:19 AM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 621024)
I don't think you will have any issues at all using 5w-40, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not sure I understand what your dealer is telling you - it's YOUR choice as to when and how often you want to have the oil changed. What are the 5 kilo return checkups for exactly? If this is something they want to charge you for, that is unacceptable.

i think its scheduled minor check ups and maintenance.

he said that they are checking for low fluid levels each 5.

and now he is mentioning that there is such a schedule for the car that it has to follow, regarding brake pads, plugs and what so ever for future.

if they are going to charge me for each 5k i will kill !

they do not have the right for admitting the vehicle and doing nothing and making me pay for labor.

EviL 04-29-2012 09:39 PM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
car is done and got it, they made me pay for inspection although nothing major has been done.

rip OFF .

anyway they forgot to reset the ( oil due change ) message.

is there anyway to reset it without going to the agency>?>????

Milous 04-29-2012 11:51 PM

Re: -urgent- oil change in wk2 srt8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 621420)
...is there anyway to reset it without going to the agency>?>????

1. Turn the ignition key to ON but do not start the engine.
2. Slowly depress the accelerator to the floor and release it three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community