Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Brand New 2012 with Weird Noise...Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/brand-new-2012-with-weird-noise-help-41435.html)

Simadownow6988 04-29-2012 05:51 PM

Brand New 2012 with Weird Noise...Help

Hey guys, Im new to the forum.
We just recieved our 2012 JGC Limited 4x4 3.6L that I ordered just in time for a vacation trip. We just got back from the 4 day trip and we have noticed something weird about our Jeep. It seems that it makes a moaning noise sometimes when you put it into reverse and also makes a lighter moaning noise with vibration felt through the steering wheel sometimes when you come to a stop and sit for a minute.
First I thought it was the a/c comressor, but it seems to do it without the a/c on too.
We also niticed that the Jeep tends to lug itself down a bit during acceleration. Like it skips a gear after a stop. It takes off good, shifts, and immediately shifts to a higher gear which lugs the Jeep down quite a bit.
I read all the tsbs posted in here, but they dont seem to apply to my vehicle since it was built this month.
Does anyone else have any of these issues? Any help will be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jon

Simadownow6988 04-30-2012 04:32 PM

Re: Brand New 2012 with Weird Noise...Help

Guess no one has had this issue. Maybe its something simple then. Dealer said they have not heard of this problem and scheduled the car in for Wednesday. Ill let you guys know.

padgett 05-01-2012 07:46 PM

First thing I'd do is check the trans fluid level, if air gets in the lines it will carry on cranky.

dsmith14 05-02-2012 03:34 PM

I have been experiencing a violent vibration/moaning sound when the AC is on. It will occur when idling, coasting, or accelerating.

jp467 05-02-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simadownow6988 (Post 621311)
We just recieved our 2012 JGC Limited 4x4 3.6L that I ordered just in time for a vacation trip. We just got back from the 4 day trip and we have noticed something weird about our Jeep. It seems that it makes a moaning noise sometimes when you put it into reverse and also makes a lighter moaning noise with vibration felt through the steering wheel sometimes when you come to a stop and sit for a minute.
First I thought it was the a/c comressor, but it seems to do it without the a/c on too.
We also niticed that the Jeep tends to lug itself down a bit during acceleration. Like it skips a gear after a stop. It takes off good, shifts, and immediately shifts to a higher gear which lugs the Jeep down quite a bit.
I read all the tsbs posted in here, but they dont seem to apply to my vehicle since it was built this month.

Thanks,
Jon

Does it sound like its the exhaust. If it is mine also does that in reverse and mine was also built this month. As far as the lug down you talk about the trans is programmed for fuel milege and does upshift quick sometimes if you don't have you foot in it. Its normal for the 3.6.

JeepMonster 05-03-2012 04:42 PM

Mine was built in March of this year and I experienced similar vibration however I've only noticed it when I'm going in reverse and backing out very slowly.

RageOfFury 05-03-2012 07:59 PM

There might be a TSB that fixes this issue. Have a look here: http://wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

JeepMonster 05-03-2012 08:43 PM

Just checked, nothing there for the 12's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 624053)
There might be a TSB that fixes this issue. Have a look here: http://wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

jmac1968 06-22-2012 02:29 PM

Did you ever get this noise issue resolved. I have the same wierd sound when i steer when reversing. It seems steering related on start up.

AAAA 06-22-2012 03:16 PM

I do not have this problem. Might it be related to the electric power steering in the 2012's?

GlennR 06-26-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simadownow6988 (Post 621311)

Thanks,
Jon

I have the same on my March 2012 built CRD. Same moan with a shudder through the steering. Did you get your's fixed?? Not sure if it's HVAC, QL, brakes???

MalcomJepper 12-19-2012 07:58 PM

I just got a 2012 Jeep 4x4 Laredo and I'm having the same issue. Has anyone come up with a solution? I'm wondering if it's the quadratrack I malfunctioning. Mine feels like it's in the brakes and it makes a loud groaning sound when I sit with my foot on the brake for a while.

I haven't been able to reproduce it all the time, but it seems like it's mostly when I'm stopped.