Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   2012 Laredo X Winter Chill (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/2012-laredo-x-winter-chill-41448.html)

bossk 04-29-2012 09:10 PM

2012 Laredo X Winter Chill

6 Attachment(s)
I think my parents finally got sick of me raving about my WK2 so they went out this weekend and picked one up! Not too many pictures of the winter chill on here yet so I snapped a few on my phone. It's a nice color, changes from blue to silver depending on the light, pretty classy looking imo. Pics below!

JeepMonster 04-29-2012 09:39 PM

Re: 2012 Laredo X Winter Chill

Looks nice! thanks for sharing the pics

sined240 04-30-2012 05:58 AM

Give us some comparisons between the WK2 and the Touareg...

hops23 04-30-2012 07:39 AM

Nice, saw one at the dealership I go to and it definitely is unique.

AAAA 04-30-2012 08:03 AM

Chrysler dumped White Gold for Winter Chill.:eek: What were they thinking?:confused:

kkreit01 04-30-2012 03:15 PM

Thanks for the pics. Looks good. It's unique.

bossk 04-30-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sined240 (Post 621527)
Give us some comparisons between the WK2 and the Touareg...

If I can ever get the keys for more than 5 minutes I could really compare things but my father just picked it up a few weeks ago, traded in an Acadia that was having major trans problems. I only drove it around the block BUT I'll compare what I can to my X (haven't spent any time in a Limited or Overland).

Super slick/lux interior, more soft touch surfaces and less hard plastic. Much more supportive seats with larger bolsters, the leather is also much softer than my X. There's also not as much hip room all around and much less leg room in the rear (although me at 6'2" still fit fine with the front seat forward a bit). There is not nearly as much storage space behind the rear seats either. Big'ol color lcd between the gauges that shows a ton of stuff and the radio is a lot closer to the 8.4" thats showing up in Chrysler vehicles now, I haven't played with those yet but it's way better than the 430 units, much more intuitive interface.

The ride is really great considering the 19" wheels and low profile rubber, I'd give to the nod to my X but that might be due to the 18's I'm riding on. Steering felt just as good as in the Jeep's, could go either way on that one, steering wheel was nice and beefy too. Can't speak to the 4x4 abilities, I know the last gen Touareg was pretty damn impressive off-road but I've read that it's been toned down with the new model. The Touareg in the pic is a TDI model, impressive acceleration, nice and quiet, even managed to get 27mpg on a trip from MI to FL.

Al-in-all is it worth it considering the entry price for a Touareg is over 43k? I couldn't justify it, this particular model was stickered at 55k. For that price difference no way in hell, and besides, I'm partial to Jeep's :)

Cherodude 04-30-2012 07:59 PM

Jeep picked the right name for it: looks cool!

scooterha 08-30-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 621564)
Chrysler dumped White Gold for Winter Chill.:eek: What were they thinking?:confused:

Well, the winter chill definitely has more appeal than the white gold. Gold is a dated color, but the winter chill tome looks like the light blue they used to use on the dodge Dynasty's with a pearlcoat. However i'm definitely in favor of the winter chill. I have seen two gold colored jeeps in my area and both of them had drivers well over their 70's. I dont think white gold appealed to a wide demographic and Jeep axed it, smart move.

kkreit01 08-30-2012 10:02 AM

I agree about "White Gold", but I have one. It's been around forever -- as it looks to be the same/similar color as my dad's '01 Intrepid, my '99 Stratus, etc. However, I still like White Gold because it's fairly rare now. Also, it's not black. Seems like 75% of WK2s I see are black. I typically go for the less common colors - although I didn't always have a choice based on deals (last of stand-overs, etc.).

I do like Winter Chill. It didn't take long to grow on me. It would be one of my first picks for the current model year.

Jim_in_PA 08-30-2012 11:49 PM

Excellent choice!!