Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/quadra-drive-ii-electronic-lsd-41457.html)

BobT 04-30-2012 01:44 AM

Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Most things I've read claim that Quadra-Dive II has an electronic LSD in the rear only. Wikipedia claims that there is one front and rear. Is Wikipedia wrong? If so, what is in the front, a standard diff or a mechanical LSD?

savvas 04-30-2012 05:00 AM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Front is an aluminium open diff. On the WK2 Quadradrive only the rear is an ELSD.

Mendo 04-30-2012 07:32 AM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobT (Post 621498)
Most things I've read claim that Quadra-Dive II has an electronic LSD in the rear only. Wikipedia claims that there is one front and rear. Is Wikipedia wrong? If so, what is in the front, a standard diff or a mechanical LSD?

Wikipedia is right for QDII on older models, It has been around for a number of years - however the front LSD was deleted for the WK2.

BobT 04-30-2012 10:38 PM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mendo (Post 621547)
Wikipedia is right for QDII on older models, It has been around for a number of years - however the front LSD was deleted for the WK2.

Damn!:(

Deserthucker 05-03-2012 08:10 AM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
LSD in the front can effect the handling at high speeds on sharp bends.
Not fun under-steer through a bend.

Had the tail out in sports mode yesterday on a gravel road until the computer took over.

BobT 05-04-2012 12:25 AM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deserthucker (Post 623651)
LSD in the front can effect the handling at high speeds on sharp bends.
Not fun under-steer through a bend.

Had the tail out in sports mode yesterday on a gravel road until the computer took over.

Sounds like you had a bit of fun. I suppose it's reassuring to know the computer will kick in at some point without totally ruining the party.

Jeeppleap 05-20-2012 08:10 PM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Do you guys think the Quadra drive II system is worth it?

allypally 05-20-2012 08:31 PM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Do eyeyone else have the DSC automatically disabled when in Sport mode?

ENFORCER 05-20-2012 09:46 PM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
It is not disabled, only reduced to enable more sports like driving.
I tried it on a gravel road and the DSC was flashing and reducing the fun factor.

savvas 05-21-2012 01:06 AM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobT (Post 632533)
Of course I'm going to say yes because I've got it but I mainly got it just because I thought it was a cool. I justified it a number of ways:
  1. In park mode it provides easier access for my partially disabled wife,
  2. It provides 270mm of ground clearance (ORII), that is 52mm above the steel suspension clearance without the need of a lift kit,
  3. At speed, the suspension lowers to 192mm (Aero Mode) that is 26mm below the steel suspension clearance giving greater stability on the highway where most people spend 99% of their most dangerous driving hours. Also Jeep claim better fuel efficiency but don't give figures.
On the down side:
  1. QLII is more complex therefore potentially less reliable and rugged than the steel suspension although I have no data to back that up,
  2. QLII bottoms more easily than I would have expected from a 4x4. Someone suggested the steel suspension is better in this regard,
  3. I doubt if QLII is anywhere near as modifiable as the steel suspension.

Psssst, Bob ... That's Quadralift, not Quadradrive.

There's enough Quadrabits in these things to confuse even the most ardent Jeep fan.

Though Quadrahooks coud be useful.

allypally 05-21-2012 06:12 AM

Re: Quadra-Drive II Electronic LSD
 
OK. Another mystery for those interested.
Was washing the car this afternoon, and while hosing the drivers side, the indicators started flashing. Firstly, I thought it may have been a timeout of the ignition (key in my pocket), but it continued to do it randomly for several minutes. Ghost or Gremlin?

selous 05-21-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 632566)
OK. Another mystery for those interested.
Was washing the car this afternoon, and while hosing the drivers side, the indicators started flashing. Firstly, I thought it may have been a timeout of the ignition (key in my pocket), but it continued to do it randomly for several minutes. Ghost or Gremlin?

I have found the same. the water pressure triggers the locking mechanism when you're within the proximity of the car, which I think is 1.5m


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community